Remove Blogher Remove Community Remove Hurricane Remove Volunteer
article thumbnail

Volunteering Can Be Good for Your Job

Have Fun - Do Good

A study for the nonprofit Womens Way found that women who volunteered improved their leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills. Women of Wardrobe is a volunteer branch of Dress for Success , an international nonprofit that provides suits and other work clothes to low-income women. women volunteer

Job 40
article thumbnail

Gift the Gift of Charity: Make A Contribution to any of these Fabulous Organizations

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Photo by Life in Africa For this week's BlogHer Holiday Guide post, I needed to come up with a list of nonprofit organizations or causes that BlogHer readers may consider making a donation to as part of their year-end giving. Community Center of St. Help Special Needs Children Improve Social Skills. Can I Sit With You?

Gift 50
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Meet Donna Callejon, Chief Operating Officer of Global Giving

This week, as BlogHer , launched a special campaign with GlobalGiving to raise money for lifesaving programs for women around the world, here is an interview with Donna Callejon who is the Chief Operating Officer of Global Giving. The US projects are an interesting mix - several in the gulf coast as a result of Hurricane Katrina.

Global 56
article thumbnail

Changing Civic Engagement In New Orleans One Video Blog Post at a Time

For many years, I've organized a pre-conference event called the Day of Service , an opportunity for nonprofit techies to share their expertise or volunteer for a local organization on a specific project. I wrote about the experience on BlogHer last week. The EPA undertook remediation , including depositing a layer of ???

Video 50