Remove Blended Remove Community Remove Homeless Remove Local
article thumbnail

It Takes a Village: Using Peer-to-Peer to End Homelessness

Qgiv

People often ask, “What’s the best way to end homelessness?” However, peer-to-peer fundraising is a great way to raise money for human services organizations and, more importantly, it’s a grassroots way to build awareness of the issues facing the unhoused community. 3 Successful Peer-to-Peer Events. The best part?

article thumbnail

#GivingTuesday: Why I Am Participating in the National Day of Giving on November 27, 2012

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Giving Days are not a new idea and have been successful in local communities and entire states, like GiveMN which raised $2 million in 24 hours using the Razoo platform. Razoo has promoted local giving days, including Twive and Receive and recently announced reaching a milestone of raising $100 million.

National 120
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Are Social Enterprises Viable Models for Funding Nonprofits?

ASU Lodestar Center

Chrysalis is dedicated to creating pathways to self-sufficiency for homeless and low-income individuals by helping them find and retain employment (Social Enterprise Alliance, 2016). As noted earlier, however, the United States has been slow to adopt this model.

Model 53
article thumbnail

Building Community Bridges: A "So What" Behind Social Participation

Museum 2.0

At the adjacent table, my colleague Stacey Garcia was meeting with a local artist, Kyle Lane-McKinley, to talk about an upcoming project. Bridging is essential to building strong, safe, diverse communities. They were in a playful mood, talking about the objects, playing the games, responding on the comment boards.

article thumbnail

Museum 2.0 Rerun: What Does it Really Mean to Serve "Underserved" Audiences?

Museum 2.0

Last week, I had the honor and pleasure of giving a talk at an institution I''ve long admired: the Taylor Community Science Resource Center at the St. Instead, she went out into local neighborhoods with low-income families and lousy schools and asked parents how they felt about their kids'' science education. Louis Science Center.

article thumbnail

What Does it Really Mean to Serve "Underserved" Audiences?

Museum 2.0

Last week, I had the honor and pleasure of giving a talk at an institution I've long admired: the Taylor Community Science Resource Center at the St. Instead, she went out into local neighborhoods with low-income families and lousy schools and asked parents how they felt about their kids' science education. Louis Science Center.

article thumbnail

17 Ways We Made our Exhibition Participatory

Museum 2.0

It is multi-disciplinary, incorporates diverse voices from our community, and provides interactive and participatory opportunities for visitor involvement. interracial marriage, keeping a family together while homeless) and others are more immediate (i.e. Some are conceptual (i.e. making a special gift).