article thumbnail

Social Media in 30 Minutes a Day

Amy Sample Ward

Here are the slides from the session and links to get you started: Social Media in 30 Minutes a Day. Community Map Template: [link]. Google Analytics for Wikispaces. DIY Community Engagement Metrics. Crowdsourcing vs Community Sourcing. Sustainable Community Building. Content Map Template: [link].

article thumbnail

How To Make A Back Channel Light Up Like Clark Griswald's House

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

On Tuesday, I had the opportunity to do a Webinar called " Social Media for Trainers: A Bag of Tricks " over at the Engage 365 Online Community site. If you didn't have a chance to participate, you'll find the slides, resource materials, and an archived recording over at the webinar wiki. I blogged about the content last week.

Channel 87
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

It is difficult to let go of the old ways. from powerpoint to wikitation

Community groups, nonprofits and other entities are embracing Web 2.0 In this session, we'll focus on three sectors: nonprofit groups, public access television and community-oriented citizen journalism. I got about 3 slides in when I realized that my brain no longer operates that way. I opted for the wiki-presentation method.

article thumbnail

Connecting with Your Community

Tech Soup

The biggest advantage that social media can give your organizations is the ability to build networks of constituents, community, and followers without borders and limitations. For a great example of a Wikispaces wiki used for social media action, check out We Are Media. And, Common Craft has a great breakdown of just how wikis work.

article thumbnail

WeAreMedia: Reflections on Working Wikily - Getting out of the way

I'm very interested in learning how different types of networks or communities work in a networked way - this whole notion of working wikily. He has a context for what may work and what may not for a community building process for a new media curriculum. There are multiple ways for people to opt into the community.

article thumbnail

10 Steps to Extension Professional 2.0 Remix

I'm creating a powerpiont for the Webinar and an accompanying wikispace, but wanted to put out this blog post for any feedback. Overview slides of what is Web2.0 ( remix from Social Media and Nonprofits Presentation) Core theme Listening - Responding to what people are saying about the topic or the program. So, now is the fun part.

Remix 50