article thumbnail

Celebrate Community Storytelling

Tech Soup

Presenting the $400 Best Buy gift certificate for the community-choice award for best video is Toan Lam, founder of GoInspireGo. " His GIG team scours the globe for "street corner"-style heroes, producing authentic stories about them while leveraging social media to create community and raise visibility and support for them.

article thumbnail

Vietnam and Indonesia Join TechSoup Asia’s Growing Family

Tech Soup

VietNet-ICT also actively participates in policy discussions to formulate laws and policies relating to information, technology, and communication towards sustainable development and equity. L — Listen and understand the challenges faced by individuals and organizations working to strengthen our community.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Vote for the Best Social Change and Technology Projects at Netsquared!

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

CompuMentor has created a Technology Innovation Fund to provide direct cash support to projects selected by the NetSquared Community. Fair Trade Language Tutoring Via WebCam. Community Technology Centres for Children And Young Adults in Low and Moderate Income Communities in Madurai India. Avatar Action Center.

article thumbnail

[VIDEO] Power Of Community In Strategic Planning

Bloomerang

Community engagement, though at times unwieldy and time-consuming, is critical to truly propel all variables towards a common goal. Julie Ha Truong will outline best practices in community engagement in planning. I wish I could see you all because so much of what we do in this work is building community. That would be wonderful.

article thumbnail

Southeast Asia, Social Enterprise Accidental Tour!

Beneblog: Technology Meets Society

I just spent almost three weeks in Thailand and Laos on a combined work and vacation trip. One of my business visits was to a long-standing social enterprise partner of ours, Digital Divide Data in Vientiane, Laos. I wrote about that visit in my last blog post: Digital Divide Data: our Partner in Laos.

Laos 202
article thumbnail

A History of How Modern ESG Came to Be

sgEngage

Rather than a single moment in time, ESG was born out of actions in the business community over several decades that culminated into our modern understanding of ESG today. As with the overarching concept of corporate social responsibility , the practice of ESG has a n overlapping history that can be traced back to several key events.

History 61
article thumbnail

Preventing Human Trafficking: An Interview with Christina Arnold

Have Fun - Do Good

CA: Without giving names, along the Thai-Burma border there is a project that we're funding with a fantastic former Thai Senator, Mechai Viravaidya, who is also the Chairman and Founder of the Population Community Development Association of Thailand. We need work that can sustain the village community." Are there other tools?