Remove Collaboration Remove Community Remove Instructional Design Remove Reflection
article thumbnail

PopTech Fellows Program: Reflections

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Here are some thoughts about tweaking the instructional design: Game Length and Instructional Context. Through online diaries and blogs, WildlifeDirect brings supporters and conservationists together and enables individual donors around the world to communicate directly with the people that they are funding.

Program 78
article thumbnail

Reflections on the Social Media Lab Workshop

The curriculum and instructional design included " Principles of Effective Social Media for Nonprofits " and a version of the social media game created with David Wilcox. She calls it "joyful funeral" -- that you quickly say this didn't work, reflect on why, and move on. Growing My Instructional Chops.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

3 New Year’s Rituals for Nonprofits That Can Boost Professional Success

I had a fantastic break, including a family vacation in Hawaii, walking, hiking, quiet, and reflection. I call it my “ To Do, To Done, Don’t Do, Reflection List.” ” I use it for planning my work flow for the day, week, month, and quarter and to reflect along the way. How about you?

article thumbnail

Happy, Healthy 2016: What’s Your Theme for the Year?

I had a wonderful break – filled with fun, family, walking, hiking, reading, quiet, and reflection. One annual ritual is to create “To Do/Not To Do/Reflection” notebook where I use modified bullet journaling to track my progress. I also designed and facilitated a six month peer learning cohort with colleague Stephanie Rudat.

Iowa 50
article thumbnail

How To Make A Back Channel Light Up Like Clark Griswald's House

On Tuesday, I had the opportunity to do a Webinar called " Social Media for Trainers: A Bag of Tricks " over at the Engage 365 Online Community site. I've been experimenting with integrating social media into instruction for the past five years, so the webinar was a great opportunity to reflect on practice. It has 400 members.

Channel 87
article thumbnail

Basic Facilitation Techniques for Nonprofits

Here’s just a few: Instructional. Reflective Practice. Community Organizing. That’s why I love looking and testing different methods. Peer Learning / Coaching. Innovation / Generating New Ideas. Making Decisions and Getting Consensus. Strategic Dialogue. Organizational Development. Networked Facilitation.

article thumbnail

Experiential Leadership Development

For the leadership development, there were four guiding questions that we explored throughout our journey – and now as I’m back I will continue to reflect and take action based on these: What does it mean to be a leader in the face of complex challenges. What social disparities do you most want to remedy?