Remove Cisco Remove Community Remove NTC Remove Photo
article thumbnail

NTC Storytellers: Day of Service Wireless Router Installation at Community for Creative Nonviolence

NTEN

[As part of the 2011 NTC, a group of attendees are documenting their experiences at the conference on the NTEN Blog.] A Photo Essay by Wendy Marinaccio A team of 30 NTEN-ers volunteered our mornings at the Community for Creative Nonviolence, which runs the largest homeless shelter in the country.

NTC 52
article thumbnail

NTC Day of Service: Our Tenth Year!

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

On Thursday, April 9th at 8:00 am, we kicked off the tenth Annual Day of Service at NTEN's NTC which was a resounding success! This annual event started over a decade ago in Kansas City as a way for nonprofit techies to give back to the local community by volunteering their expertise for a day.

NTC 76
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

NTC Day of Service 2010 As Pizza By The Slice

Photo by Joel Zimmer The annual Day of Service at the NTEN NTC Conference has been a tradition since 2000. A group of nonprofit techies share their time and expertise with nonprofits from the local community. We're not proclaiming wide ranging social impact, just giving a little back to the community.

NTC 50
article thumbnail

NTC Day of Service 2011: The Art of Story Capture

I was lucky enough to work along side Mark Horvath and Shawn Ahmed , both experts at capturing stories on video and sharing through social channels. This post is a roundup of the videos, photos, and tweets from the day. While this may not be tech-focused, it’s still a great way to give back to the DC community.

Story 95
article thumbnail

NTC Day of Service 2011: The Art of Story Capture

NTEN

This post is a roundup of the videos, photos, and tweets from the day. While this may not be tech-focused, it's still a great way to give back to the DC community. To be a little meta, here's a photo by Mark Horvath as the video was being shot. Robert Egger, founder, greeted us and gave the group an orientation.

Service 66
article thumbnail

NTC Day of Service: Reflections

I'm slowly blogging the posts, videos, and photos that I captured last week along with some reflections. For the past five years, I've coordinated the NTEN/NTC Day of Service and before that participated as a volunteer. Peter did a strategy consult with a local organization. Susan Tenby and Karen Thomas of TechSoup - Click to Play.

NTC 50
article thumbnail

My Kumbaya Moments: Like Summer Camp for NPTechies, the NTEN Conference

Connection Cafe

I joined a group project installing a mesh wireless network on Treasure Island, a community in San Francisco which is home to many low income families many of who were previously homeless. Cisco sponsored the project and provided the hardware for the network. Photo Credits: SteveLavo (Flickr).

NTEN 20