Remove Chapter Remove Community Remove Global Remove Tanzania
article thumbnail

Technology & Community: Strategic Options for Building Movements

Amy Sample Ward

Technology and Community: Strategic Options for Movement Building. How many people hear that word and think it is just as generic as the word community? To that end, siloed brands are replaced by unifying goals that rally more than select individuals but entire communities. The full keynote and presentation are below.

Build 220
article thumbnail

What Does a NetSquared Event Look Like?

Tech Soup

Instead of words, let me try a few pictures that will illustrate our community. There are NetSquared groups in 50 cities who are dedicated to holding events for their local nonprofit technology communities. Join us every month for a dose of community inspiration. We''re a [global movement]([link] with chapters in 20 countries.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Deep Learning When Nonprofit Techies Get Together

Tech Soup

I heard from an organizer who told me that her last two jobs have come from her volunteer role in our community, and from many others who told me that getting together with their peers is what gives them the energy to continue to find innovative ways to use technology for good. Join them every month for a dose of community invigoration!

article thumbnail

NetSquared Goes to 15NTC. And Your Hometown Too

Tech Soup

These global leaders are coming from Uganda, Australia, London, and Florida. Don't worry, there are NetSquared groups in 50 cities who are dedicated to holding events for their local nonprofit technology communities. We're a global movement with chapters in 20 countries. Newest Groups. Upcoming Events.

article thumbnail

NetSquared Events to Cure Your Social Media Ailments

Tech Soup

The exact format isn't important, as long as we are consistently gathering the nonprofit and tech communities together so that they can learn from each other. A social media surgery is an informal gathering of people who want to learn how to use the web to communicate, campaign, or collaborate. Louis in St. Louis, Missouri.

article thumbnail

Twitter As Charitable Giving Spreader: A Meta Analysis

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Right before Thanksgiving , the TweetsGiving effort and Avi Kaplan helped Epic Change raise over $10,000 in 48 hours to build a classroom in Tanzania. As Lucy Bernholz notes, this might be one more example of fundraising on Twitter is less marginal and moving to the middle. I wondered whether or not those results would be replicable ?