Remove Cambodia Remove Community Remove Remix Remove Video
article thumbnail

Video Blogging in Cambodia

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

This is a video of the camera kits. I have spent almost all day today testing different ways to compress and host video posts that might work where the Internet access is slow or if you are video blogging from an Internet cafe and the computer does not have windows movie maker on it. I always like to start with the why.

article thumbnail

Cambodia Bloggers Summit: Social Media Role Play, Social Media Game, and Angkun - Seeds of the Future

Watch the video that Preetam Rai took to see the game in action and the video by Thomas Wanhoff to see a report out of the game.). The game has been remixed into different languages and used in different training contexts, but this is the first time it has been to Southeast Asia. My group was assigned to "Social Media."

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

NpTech Summary: Red T-Shirt Day - Supporting Monks, YouTube Nonprofit Channel, and Web2forDev Conference Reports

Flickr Photo by Villoks Many people around the world are supporting the Monks in Burma by wearing red t-shirts today or participating in vigils like this one in Cambodia outside the Burma embassy. Tobias Eigen from Kabissa presented at the Web2fordev: Remixing the Web for International Development. Hurry the deadline is today!

Summary 50
article thumbnail

The Jing Project: Embed Screencasts Into Conversation

So, I starting worrying about the Internet connection in Cambodia. The very calm Preetamrai , the Southeast Asian Editor for Global Voices who is also attending and leading a workshop at the Cambodia Bloggers Summit told me about his very cool new app from Techsmith, JingProject. from your computer to anywhere. I am number 28!

Jing 50
article thumbnail

My Facebook Birthday Cause: Thank You (and Some Unsolicited Feedback To Causes)

In less than 24 hours, I've raised $806 to help children in Cambodia using a new feature in Facebook Causes. Non-profits will recognize the potential of bringing on these virtual community organizations, especially their ability to raise in tiny increments in a down economy. Flickr Photo Birthday Card Remix Contest.

Causes 50
article thumbnail

Chris Brogan: What Were Your First Steps?

Then I discovered the Internet and became the community builder for Arts Wire, an online network for artists that used a unix-based text conferencing system called Caucus. I think of those online communities as social media because it was all about conversation, getting to know people, and interacting. It was all about community.

article thumbnail

Penguin Day Reflections: OS as FairTrade, OS Feminism, and OS - the Next Generation

I was curious to observe the gender balance at Penguin Day and while I'm not as meticulous as Christine in counting and calculating the number of women and men in the room, I took a quick video to get a reading. The presentation offers some good pointers to women in how to get involved in FOSS communities. Click To Play.