Remove Blogher Remove Community Remove International Remove Library
article thumbnail

13 Causes I'd Give to If Friday the 13th Was My Lucky Day

Have Fun - Do Good

Genocide Intervention Network Mission: "The Genocide Intervention Network empowers individuals and communities with the tools to prevent and stop genocide." I Love Libraries Mission: "Friends of I Love Libraries was created to provide a means for library advocates to strengthen grassroots efforts in support of America’s libraries.

Causes 40
article thumbnail

Jocelyn Harmon: People, Words, Technology & Truth: How I Have Fun, Do Good

Have Fun - Do Good

It sounds “old-school” but I love to go to my local library every Saturday to wander up and down the stacks. Jocelyn is also a recognized blogger and speaker on online marketing and fundraising. For me there is nothing like the thrill of curling up in bed with a book or polishing off a (hopefully good) blog post.

Fun 60
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Volunteering Can Be Good for Your Job

Have Fun - Do Good

According to the Womens Way press release , "The correlation of women’s professional growth and development with their philanthropic involvement makes a strong business case to employees and employers about the importance of investing in community involvement as a professional development tool."

Job 40
article thumbnail

A Look at Nonprofits and Vlogging

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Shortly before the Blogher July 2005 conference, I got a new digital camera that came with a video feature. There has been online conversation during the past couple of weeks on vlog list , Netsquared , TechSoup and Blogher. " The Service Employees International Union ( SEIU ) has also set up a YouTube Channel. Reflection.

Vlog 50
article thumbnail

Empowering Refugees: Interview with Kjerstin Erickson of FORGE

Have Fun - Do Good

. ** Kjerstin Erickson: FORGE is an international nonprofit organization that works with refugee communities in Africa. What we do is essentially support social entrepreneurship within refugee communities. We bring communities together to identify their top problems, needs, and priorities, and solve them internally.

article thumbnail

Meet Donna Callejon, Chief Operating Officer of Global Giving

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

This week, as BlogHer , launched a special campaign with GlobalGiving to raise money for lifesaving programs for women around the world, here is an interview with Donna Callejon who is the Chief Operating Officer of Global Giving. So school or library-specific projects were and continue to be attractive to donors.

Global 56
article thumbnail

Women Rise Up Against War: Rae Abileah of CODEPINK

Have Fun - Do Good

Today, March 8th, is International Women's Day. CODEPINK rejects the Bush administration's fear-based politics that justify violence, and instead calls for policies based on compassion, kindness and a commitment to international law. We blogged every step of the way, uploading our travel stories at libraries and free Internet cafes.

Iraq 40