Remove Blended Remove Community Remove Reflection Remove Teen
article thumbnail

New Models for Community Partnerships: Museums Hosting Meetups

Museum 2.0

I've long believed that museums have a special opportunity to support the community spirit of Web 2.0 as physical analogs to virtual community platforms. People who engage deeply in any online community, whether a bulletin board or social networking site, want to meet in person. meetup for Elite Yelp! Invite them back.

Museum 22
article thumbnail

12 Ways We Made our Santa Cruz Collects Exhibition Participatory

Museum 2.0

The content focuses on the question of WHY we collect and how our collections reflect our individual and community identities. We collaborated with community members to source content and develop the show. This is an exhibition built from community members' stuff. As always, I welcome your questions and comments.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Museum 2.0 Rerun: What Does it Really Mean to Serve "Underserved" Audiences?

Museum 2.0

Last week, I had the honor and pleasure of giving a talk at an institution I''ve long admired: the Taylor Community Science Resource Center at the St. Most large American museums are reflections of white culture. Guards staring at black teens and grumbling about their clothes. Louis Science Center.

article thumbnail

What Does it Really Mean to Serve "Underserved" Audiences?

Museum 2.0

Last week, I had the honor and pleasure of giving a talk at an institution I've long admired: the Taylor Community Science Resource Center at the St. Most large American museums are reflections of white culture. Guards staring at black teens and grumbling about their clothes. Louis Science Center. YES students defy expectations.

article thumbnail

17 Ways We Made our Exhibition Participatory

Museum 2.0

It is multi-disciplinary, incorporates diverse voices from our community, and provides interactive and participatory opportunities for visitor involvement. The exhibition is far from perfect, but it's a big step towards reflecting the "thriving, central gathering place" of our strategic vision.

article thumbnail

14 Top Nonprofit Websites to Inspire Your Organization

DNL OmniMedia

Mustard Seed Communities. Thanks to custom development and integration with Salesforce , the site instantly reflects every gift ICA receives! Top Nonprofit Website: Mustard Seed Communities. Since 1978, Mustard Seed Communities has cared for vulnerable populations across the globe. North Shore Animal League. Ontario SPCA.