Remove Award Remove Community Remove Local Remove Oklahoma
article thumbnail

September Cause Awareness: National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month

Qgiv

Edwin Shneidman (left) at his home in Los Angeles, California with Maurizio Pompili, who was the recipient of the 2008 Shneidman Award. Encourage conversations with friends and family about challenging the stigma and attitudes around mental health, or attend a local suicide prevention walk and invite your friends and family to join you.

article thumbnail

10 Awesome LGBTQ Organizations You Should Support This Pride Month

Everyaction

June is observed as LGBTQ Pride month to commemorate the June 1969 Stonewall Riots and celebrate the vibrant and diverse LGBTQ community. They work at the local, state, and federal level to advance transgender equality. Equality Federation. LGBTQ Victory Fund.

Support 112
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Funding & Grant Resources For Nonprofits Focused On Education

Kindful

California Community Foundation. Oregon Community Foundation. Arizona Community Foundation. Baltimore Community Foundation. Mellon foundation seeks to build just communities enriched by meaning and empowered by critical thinking, where ideas and imagination can thrive. McCormick Foundation. The Skillman Foundation.

Education 111
article thumbnail

Nomad Cafe: How to Start a Green Cafe

Have Fun - Do Good

Nomad is a statewide waste reduction award winner, through the California Integrated Waste Management Board (CIWMB). Out of 1403 statewide recipients in 2004, Nomad was one of only ten businesses chosen for the CIWMB's "WRAP of the Year" (WOTY) award. And this is my community, by the way -- I live 8 doors down and I love my commute.

Green 41
article thumbnail

[VIDEO] The Board’s Role in Fundraising & Resource Development

Bloomerang

That should be one of the expectations of the board members because that is going to give them a true picture of what it means to serve the clients in the community. We did a Halloween event where we served thousands of community kids. ” No it was hands-on. There was several. That was fun for my boy.

Roles 118