In Support of Idiosyncrasy

Museum 2.0

Funders like the NSF have encouraged science centers in particular to share their techniques and evaluations, which is fabulous but also leads to rampant and sometimes unthinking imitation. Tags: children's museums design business models People often ask me which museums are my favorite. I don't like to give a list. I've only visited about 0.01% of the institutions out there and I suspect that the other 99.99% includes some real gems.

How Cell Phones and Tablets Enable Telework

Tech Soup Blog

Microsoft Office Mobile is preinstalled on Windows Phone 8 and is available for select models of iPhone and Android phones as well. As an example, the National Science Foundation (NSF) found that by not commuting, each NSF teleworker reclaims an average of 62 hours of their lives back and saves $1,201 a year. MySammy software essentially evaluates how a person spends time on a computer and/or mobile device.

Phone 56

The Truth about Bilingual Interpretation: Guest Post by Steve Yalowitz

Museum 2.0

in Applied Social Psychology and has evaluated and researched informal learning experiences in museums and other visitor institutions for over 20 years. When we received the award, we felt a great sense of opportunity and responsibility, since this was the first NSF-funded research study about bilingual families and their experiences in fully bilingual exhibitions. You know those research studies that make you want to immediately change your practice in some way?