article thumbnail

Visit Zambia with LearnAsOne!

Amy Sample Ward

Steve Heyes, a colleague and founder of LearnAsOne , has just embarked on a great journey to Zambia and you’re invited! are headed to Zambia to document a community who doesn’t have a school, in as close to real-time as possible. Follow along and connect with the community! Email the Zambia LearnAsOne team.

Zambia 100
article thumbnail

How (RED) is Fighting AIDS and Saving Lives

Saleforce Nonprofit

To help tell this story better, (RED) recently took a trip with one of our supporters, Roche, to Zambia to film a series of labs that are conducting life-saving tests and giving patients and doctors critical information in the fight against preventable diseases. The problem is that they just aren’t engaged around global health.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

NpTech Tag Summary: Best Wishes for Healthy, Happy, and Social 2008!

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Britt Bravo at NetSquared summarized a community discussion about the "Best of the Nonprofit Social Web." I still bookmark items with the nptech tag and I still monitor the tag stream, but on Twitter I feel more of a connection to the actual person, not just the exchange of information. bubble would burst.

Summary 50
article thumbnail

Empowering Refugees: Interview with Kjerstin Erickson of FORGE

Have Fun - Do Good

. ** Kjerstin Erickson: FORGE is an international nonprofit organization that works with refugee communities in Africa. What we do is essentially support social entrepreneurship within refugee communities. We bring communities together to identify their top problems, needs, and priorities, and solve them internally.

article thumbnail

[VIDEO] Raise More Money And Improve Donors Relationships Through Personal Branding

Bloomerang

Because it’s not just about the issue, because let’s say you’re helping with hunger relief, well, there might be 10 organizations in your community helping with hunger relief. That’s a great contribution to the community.” Is it live streaming? Then missions they believe in. That’s amazing.

Money 96