article thumbnail

Trainer’s Notebook: Using Posters To Spark Learning

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

These amazing activists work every day on the front lines of communities across the U.S., I designed a 90-minute workshop focused on “Human-Centered Social Media Strategy” which teaches how to apply a simple design-thinking technique, creating personas, as the basis of your digital strategy.

article thumbnail

3 New Year’s Rituals for Nonprofits That Can Boost Professional Success

In 2016, I completed my work as facilitator for a learning network of community foundations who are hosting Giving Days, funded by the Knight Foundation. It is also a pivotal year for many community foundations as they consider whether to ramp up or wind down giving day initiatives in their communities.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Networked NGO in Pakistan

This blog post includes some reflections on the instructional design, delivery, and insights that I hope will inform the field building discussion taking place over at the Packard OE Program site. Program Design. Her knowledge of the country and the culture made it easier to localize the curriculum.

Pakistan 111
article thumbnail

ArtsLabSF: Reflections About Social Learning With Social Media

He welcomed me to the Bay Area and asked if I would be interested in doing some trainings for the local arts community. One thing led to another and I designed a social media lab for arts organizations. Here are some reflections on the instructional design: 1. I said yes.

article thumbnail

10 Best Practices for Planning Successful Crowd Funding or Giving Day Campaigns

The next day, I facilitated a workshop on Best Practices for Crowd Funding that blended traditional instruction with innovation lab facilitation techniques. This post shares the content and I’ll share a post about the instructional design in a second post. 10: Leverage the momentum of a local or national Giving Day.

Fund 130
article thumbnail

Experiential Leadership Development

So, this trip was a gift in terms of getting new ideas for instructional design. When you are a trainer, you are a designer and facilitator of learning experiences. As a participant, you can also learn a lot by observing and reverse engineering the instructional design.