article thumbnail

My First Intergenerational Social Media: Learning from Gen Z's and Value of Different Points of View

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Yesterday, I facilitated a hot topic workshop at the Healthy Communities Annual Conference hosted by the Search Institute in Minneapolis. Search Institute is an independent nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide leadership, knowledge, and resources to promote healthy children, youth, and communities.

article thumbnail

Building Community: Who / How / Why

Museum 2.0

We invited community members in, to be active contributors, collaborators, and co-creators in our museum space. They talked about community building. I don’t think there is a way to directly build community. I don’t think there is a way to directly build community. WHO (slides 3-23) "Community” is not an abstraction.

Build 20
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Best of Beth's Blog 2008: Finding The Top Ten Posts In Less Than Five MInutes!

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Twitter Demographics. Bloggers Who Create Community Award. Online Community Engagement Strategies. Intergenerational Wired Fundraisers: A Conversation. Help Me Send Leng Sopharath To College in Good Health! Working Wikily: The Power of the Newbie. Where Are The Gen-Y Bloggers Who Write About Nonprofits and Social Change?

ROI 50
article thumbnail

[VIDEO] Young Professionals and Junior Boards: Beyond the Kid’s Table to Meaningful Engagement

Bloomerang

If you’ve been on the last maybe two or three webinars, you know I’ve been talking up this one, because I’m in this demographic, and I cannot wait to hear what Sarah and Corinne have to say. Another benefit is improved visibility in the community. Sarah, Corinne, you all doing okay? Thanks for being here.