Remove Build Remove Community Remove Howto Remove Slides
article thumbnail

Using Twitter to Build a Community and Recruit Volunteers

Amy Sample Ward

I’ve presented about Twitter before, as well, so in addition to sharing some notes and resources, and my slides, from the presentation on Friday, I want to also round up other Twitter-related posts and links here. Presentation Slides. Here are my slides from the VMNC: Twitter Basics for Engaging Volunteers.

Twitter 231
article thumbnail

Social Media in 30 Minutes a Day

Amy Sample Ward

Here are the slides from the session and links to get you started: Social Media in 30 Minutes a Day. Community Map Template: [link]. DIY Community Engagement Metrics. Crowdsourcing vs Community Sourcing. Sustainable Community Building. Community Building: Landscaping for Gardening.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on June 11th

Amy Sample Ward

An open letter to companies planning online communities | Community Building – I love this "open letter" from Martin Reed at CommunitySpark – it touches on so many "cultural" and infrastructure needs that organizations should think about BEFORE creating an online community space.

Web 105
article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on August 24th

Amy Sample Ward

How to Prepare Your Community for a Major Change « The Community Manager – "Change: it’s the one constant in life. Whether you’re introducing a change in ownership, new staff, policy change, technical update, or something else, community members sometimes resist change. Be passionate. Be creative.

Web 137