article thumbnail

Why Vulnerable Kids Depend on Government & Big Tech Getting Data Privacy Laws Right

Saleforce Nonprofit

Established in 1997 as a victim-centered organization that protects children from violence and abuse, our purpose at International Justice Mission (IJM) is to work collaboratively with our partners and local authorities to strengthen justice systems and build communities where all people can be safe and protected.

Law 106
article thumbnail

Sending Prayers and Concrete Help to the Philippines: Bayanihan’ Spirit

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

I remembered my Dad, who passed away this year, who was a WW2 Vet and stationed in the Philippines. There is “Bayanihan’ Spirit” or the Flippino word for community which includes lots grassroots fundraising through smaller nonprofits (offline and online ) and the church. Donate to Help Victims in Philippines.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Vietnam and Indonesia Join TechSoup Asia’s Growing Family

Tech Soup

They are all part of TechSoup Asia , which serves charities in the Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand — and now Vietnam and Indonesia. VietNet-ICT also actively participates in policy discussions to formulate laws and policies relating to information, technology, and communication towards sustainable development and equity.

article thumbnail

Youth Programs Benefit from Microsoft Donations

Tech Soup

I hope you can take a moment to tell us how donations you've gotten through TechSoup have helped you serve your community. It first works with local community people to see what its children need and then tailors programs that are specific to that locale. Send it to community@techsoup.org. How One NGO Serves 70,000 Children.

article thumbnail

7 Nonprofits Leading the Fight Against Human Trafficking

Saleforce Nonprofit

Human trafficking organizations advocate for stronger anti-trafficking laws, provide services and support for victims of trafficking crimes, and develop long-term strategies to end human trafficking. Mission: Economic power is the key to breaking the cycle of exploitation among vulnerable communities. We stay focused on the individual.

Asia 98
article thumbnail

Solutionary Women: Alli Chagi-Starr, Ilyse Hogue, Melinda Kramer and Reem Rahim

Have Fun - Do Good

That there was this notion that the dance community is inherently political, and I thought well, not really. It's based, not just on art and politics, it's also about personal transformation and community. So I got involved in a community effort to stop that development. It's actually kind of insular and isolated. Let's be out.

Podcast 40