article thumbnail

Two Crucial Themes from the GDPR Featuring in US-Privacy Legislation

Connection Cafe

Some of them may not apply to your organization, but it’s a good place to begin evaluating how robust your policy is. The CCPA and bills in states like Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, and Washington give residents the right to request erasure of their data held by organizations.

article thumbnail

Why Building Resilient Networks Matter

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Another cluster evaluated the alternatives and determined that my son (who was also without power on the 23 rd floor of his apartment in lower Manhattan) had the best shot of making his way to them. From there they traversed Long Island Sound to New London, Connecticut, and then drove to Boston.

Network 111
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Community is even better when it's face-to-face: Check out your local NTEN 501 Tech Club!

NTEN

Online community is pretty amazing stuff. They''ve had great success in particular with "mini-Ignite" sessions, where the community can to present in Ignite -style around a topic (fundraising, technology, etc.). Besides Minneapolis and Nashville , groups have started up in Ohio , South Florida , Salt Lake City , and Connecticut.

article thumbnail

Building My Leadership Tribe in the American Express Leadership Academy

ASU Lodestar Center

During my initial, individual coaching session with Kevin, we went over my 360 evaluation, which was an opportunity for me to see how my colleagues and supervisor rated my skills in comparison to how I rated myself. As a transplant from Connecticut, I knew very little about where a lot of the Valley’s nonprofits were located.