Remove America Remove Community Remove Global Remove Intergenerational
article thumbnail

Breaking the Cycle & Starting the Mental Health Conversation

Saleforce Nonprofit

Thanks to global entertainers like Lady Gaga and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, and world-class athletes like Kevin Love and Simone Biles, there’s already a shift toward candid public conversations, making mental health far less stigmatized than ever. Less than half of all Americans with a mental disorder actually get the treatment they need.

article thumbnail

Intergenerational Wired Fundraisers: A Conversation

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

He discovered the Sharing Foundation's project on Global Giving and decided to enter the America's Giving Challenge. Now we have a team of intergenerational wired fundraisers. KEN is after all was made for the Khmer people and it was made in such away to reach the Khmer community near or afar. And of course.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Building Community: Who / How / Why

Museum 2.0

We invited community members in, to be active contributors, collaborators, and co-creators in our museum space. They talked about community building. I don’t think there is a way to directly build community. I don’t think there is a way to directly build community. WHO (slides 3-23) "Community” is not an abstraction.

Build 20
article thumbnail

[VIDEO] Young Professionals and Junior Boards: Beyond the Kid’s Table to Meaningful Engagement

Bloomerang

Another benefit is improved visibility in the community. So it’s going to make a big difference for us reaching a broader swath of the community to talk about our work if we have more diverse people including younger generations involved in our organizations. And Z for zoomer. I like that. So our gen Z are.