article thumbnail

Father’s Day Fundraising: 9 Ideas That Will Get People Donating

Whole Whale

Father’s Day is a great day to plan a fun fundraising campaign to honor the Dads in our community. Giving your supporters a way to celebrate their Dad and give back can be a wonderful tradition to start in a community. Use hashtags, post photos, and hold contests to get people engaged with your campaign. Use social media.

Donation 105
article thumbnail

Grant Writing and the Perfect Storytelling

Tech Soup

In rural Boone County, West Virginia, Jennifer Massey bathes her children in contaminated water. The well water in the remote mountain community of Prescott where she lives contains elevated levels of lead, arsenic, and manganese. It can be something as simple as an opening like this (this is fiction, by the way!):

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

See What’s Out There » Blog Archive » Mountaintop Mining – Seeing is rejecting.

See3

It’s called mountaintop removal and it is the most common mining in West Virginia and Appalachia generally. Their video was a runner up in the See3 – NTEN video contest this year. Make a Google Search Story Video in Under 5 Minutes Ready for Another Video Contest? It is just what the name implies.

article thumbnail

The Bold, Focused Ideas of Breakthrough Nonprofit Brands: Book Giveaway Winners Announced

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

A few weeks ago, Beth was kind enough to host a book giveaway and New Year resolution contest for nonprofits to celebrate the launch of my new book Breakthrough Nonprofit Branding , which I co-authored with Jocelyne Daw, Kristian Darigan Merenda and Anne Erhard. The winners of the contest, and their entries, are: · Entoure , Sarah Allen. “My