Remove Blogher Remove Community Remove Hurricane Remove Skills
article thumbnail

Gift the Gift of Charity: Make A Contribution to any of these Fabulous Organizations

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Photo by Life in Africa For this week's BlogHer Holiday Guide post, I needed to come up with a list of nonprofit organizations or causes that BlogHer readers may consider making a donation to as part of their year-end giving. Help Special Needs Children Improve Social Skills. Community Center of St. Can I Sit With You?

Gift 50
article thumbnail

Volunteering Can Be Good for Your Job

Have Fun - Do Good

A study for the nonprofit Womens Way found that women who volunteered improved their leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills. Sarah Lynn Seaton participated in a Women Build with Habitat for Humanity last May in Knoxville. I thought it was a cool idea to have a team of women building a house together.

Job 40
article thumbnail

Meet Donna Callejon, Chief Operating Officer of Global Giving

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

This week, as BlogHer , launched a special campaign with GlobalGiving to raise money for lifesaving programs for women around the world, here is an interview with Donna Callejon who is the Chief Operating Officer of Global Giving. The US projects are an interesting mix - several in the gulf coast as a result of Hurricane Katrina.

Global 56