article thumbnail

How Nonprofits Can Effectively Promote their Online Shop on Instagram and Facebook

Nonprofit Tech for Good

This is a smart option if your communities engage primarily on these platforms because you can launch it fast and you have built-in audiences of people who already have shown an affinity for your brand and your mission. For example, Heal the Bay : Create a custom Collection for your communities. You know your audience best.

Facebook 266
article thumbnail

How to Recruit Remote Volunteers During COVID-19 Using RemoteHub

Nonprofit Tech for Good

By Julia Boyun , Marketing Manager at RemoteHub – a job and volunteer marketplace and community that connects and matches companies and nonprofit organizations with remote professionals. The “best” definition is pretty straightforward – it is a nonprofit which received the highest number of applications during the contest period.

Volunteer 312
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Technology for Change Contest: Win a new computer from HP!

Amy Sample Ward

For example, simply review the hundreds of ideas listed in NetSquared ’s Project Gallery and you’ll quickly see that people from around the world are hard at work leveraging all kinds of technologies to create positive change for communities tackling many different issues. Enter the Contest.

Contest 143
article thumbnail

Crowdsourcing vs Community-sourcing: What’s the difference and the opportunity?

Amy Sample Ward

The first time I focused on DIY Community Engagement Metrics and shared lots of templates and examples. This time around, my topic was Crowdsourcing vs Community-Sourcing, answering questions about the difference is and what the opportunities are for organizations looking to get connected outside their organization.

article thumbnail

100+ Fundraising Tasks for Your Nonprofit’s Board

Nonprofit Tech for Good

Join online fundraising communities and ask lots of questions and monitor for great ideas. Help edit or review grant proposals and grant reports. Offer to draft, edit, review and improve the acknowledgment emails or letters the organization sends to donors. Be aware of key accomplishments, metrics, testimonials, and milestones.

article thumbnail

New on SSIR: Can Giving Days Strengthen Your Community?

Amy Sample Ward

My latest post on the Stanford Social Innovation Review blog is now up. The training did reveal a social media and online fundraising knowledge division in the Washington nonprofit community, between those who are experienced and comfortable with related tools, and those still learning basic social media outreach.

Community 158
article thumbnail

How Social Good Organizations Can Build Community at a Social Distance

Connection Cafe

My neighborhood community is running errands and doing grocery shopping for those at high risk, and others are sharing jokes and creative parenting ideas. As a social good organization, how are you building community? With every communication, spend a little extra time thinking through and reviewing your tone, audience, and goal.

Build 46