article thumbnail

6 tips to create a volunteer group and successfully launch DEI initiatives

Nimble AMS

However, it’s crucial for leaders to embrace DEI principles and empower the staff and members in their association, especially as 71% of association professionals seek to develop and improve DEI efforts, according to the Community Brands Association Trends Study. . Create your DEI initiatives volunteer group. Train your volunteers.

Group 130
article thumbnail

Using Twitter to Build a Community and Recruit Volunteers

Amy Sample Ward

Last week, I had the opportunity to present at the 2011 Volunteer Management for Nonprofits Conference here in New York. I’ve presented about Twitter before, as well, so in addition to sharing some notes and resources, and my slides, from the presentation on Friday, I want to also round up other Twitter-related posts and links here.

Twitter 231
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Community Building begins with Community Organizing

Amy Sample Ward

Yesterday, I had a very fun time presenting with my friend and colleague Debra Askanase at the 2 011 National Conference on Volunteering and Service. We focused on principles for community building and community organizing, as well as examples of both short-term and long-term engagement. Here are the slides! Transparency.

Community 253
article thumbnail

Mastering Social Networking as a Volunteer

Amy Sample Ward

Yesterday was the 2012 New York Cares Leadership Conference , and I had the distinct pleasure of presenting a session to volunteer leaders and inspiring community members. The session focused on using core social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to raise awareness and inspire others as a volunteer. Creating Buzz.

article thumbnail

Association 4.0—A Playbook for Success

.orgSource

Leaders must be able to communicate each of those points to both staff and volunteers and to present risk within a cognitive framework.” Decisions are made by consensus, volunteer leadership changes frequently, and strategy can be subject to a president’s predilections. But the typical association model challenges agility.

article thumbnail

January 2022 equity update to the community

NTEN

This evaluation process involves all three equity committees, including board, community, and staff. Staff, board, and volunteers. We reviewed the sliding scale for membership. Our evaluation and review of 2021 have helped us identify some key successes while providing us with some priorities for 2022. 2021 review highlights.

article thumbnail

2011 National Conference On Volunteering and Service: Community Building Workshop

Amy Sample Ward

Topic : Bringing Community Organizing Into Online Campaigns. Description : Integrating volunteers into online campaigns for requires a great community organizer. Traditional community organizing lays the groundwork for online campaigns and effective movements. Slides and notes. Location : New Orleans, LA.

Community 100