article thumbnail

Global Scale: Launching the discussion list & much more!

Amy Sample Ward

I am excited to say that we have created a bit more content, a new discussion group, and are planning a roundtable discussion for December! Global Scale Purpose: Bonnie and I were inspired by conversations with each other on and offline but knew there were many more people who should be involved in discussing, sharing and learning.

Global 117
article thumbnail

Presentation: Social Media & Philanthropy

Amy Sample Ward

The talk: My talk may not be as easily captured in the slides as some of my other talks are since this was a smaller group and I had the time to dive into each example and discuss it with the participants, instead of a more traditional presentation. Social Media & Philanthropy. View more presentations from Amy Sample Ward.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

TechSoup Community Team Wiki Launch

Tech Soup

Our online community and social media team helps to do that by sharing what we learn as we develop our own projects, making education a central goal of our activities. We're excited to announce a brand new window into what we do and what we're discovering with the launch of our Community Team Wiki.

Wiki 36
article thumbnail

Wikis for Curriculum Development and Instructional Materials

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

I've mostly used wikis as a personal portfolio and have participated in community or collaborative wikis facilitated by others. I've been a participant in design discussions about wiki projects, but never the main architect. Been pausing over the purist definition slide from his slide deck.

Wiki 86
article thumbnail

Beth Kanter’s Social Media Listening for Nonprofits

NCE Social Media

Without a doubt, one of my favorite social media and nonprofit writers is Beth Kanter. This slideshare presentation is from her social media wiki and discusses the importance of knowing what people are saying about your agency on social media sites. I’ve written about her work before.

article thumbnail

Community Engagement and Social Media for Public Media

Amy Sample Ward

I recently had the opportunity to present a webinar for the National Center for Media Engagement , focused on community-driven engagement, and present a session at the Public Media Development and Marketing Conference , talking about building a social media strategy. Using Social Media. Engaging Community. Start Listening.

article thumbnail

The Giving Wiki, Literally.

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Wikis have been used for knowledge sharing , learning , conference coordination , and repositories - and curriculum as community. Last week as part of ongoing reflection on working wikily, I titled as post " Establishing A Giving Culture on A Wiki " inspired by Dave Cormier's Connectivism Wiki or MOOC (Massive Online Open Courses).

Wiki 50