article thumbnail

Recap: Community Organizing Tools from the Experts

NTEN

As we all know, the nonprofit tech community is loaded with smart and thoughtful organizers who give their time and efforts to help the rest of us do the good work we do. We recognize NTEN’s 501 Tech Clubs (local in-person groups) and Communities of Practice (CoPs) (online affinity groups) organizers are one clever and innovative bunch!

Jing 76
article thumbnail

AI Prompts to Jumpstart Your End-of-Year Fundraising

sgEngage

Open that blank doc and start by answering questions like: “What impact can our donors make by contributing to our mission this year?” or “What value does our organization bring to the community that nobody else can provide?” Example Prompt: “You are a nonprofit focused on land preservation, emphasizing community involvement.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Creating a Community Resource Guide for Visitacion Valley

Tech Soup

At TechSoup, we're all about community organizations coming together to improve the quality of life for citizens. So when I heard about a collaborative project between nonprofits, city agencies, and the local library happening in my own backyard (almost literally!), A Nonprofit-Driven Community Project.

Guide 36
article thumbnail

5 Questions: Social Media's Potential for Faith Based Communities

NTEN

Session: Social Media's Potential for Faith Based Communities. In the Jewish community, we’re starting to see “program director” positions start to take on “community facilitator” characteristics. What's the most important trend in nonprofit technology for 2010? Adjusting job descriptions. My husband calls me “Froggy”.

article thumbnail

20+ Nonprofit Tools You Need to Get Your New Nonprofit Up and Running

Get Fully Funded

With Google Workspace you get: Gmail, Chat, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms, and many more tools, all for just $6 a month. You may feel like you are doing everything yourself, but at some point you will be collaborating with others on documents, and you will need Docs and Sheets.

Tools 105
article thumbnail

How Game On Cancer Cracked the Code on Engaging Physicians and Cancer Survivors

Connection Cafe

Without the backing of a national organization’s flashy brand, sexy advertising campaign , or robust budget – engaging grateful patients at a local level can sometimes feel impossible. We started with a nomination packet for each doc that included a personalized “MVP Trading Card.” Second Quarter . That’s okay!

Cancer 48
article thumbnail

Agents of Change: Fostering Freedom & Independence through Nonprofit Activism & Social Impact

The Modern Nonprofit

Uplifting Marginalized Communities: The Path to Independence One of the primary barriers to achieving independence for marginalized individuals is the systemic inequality they often face. This organization goes beyond simply advocating for women’s rights locally.