article thumbnail

Creating a Community Resource Guide for Visitacion Valley

Tech Soup

At TechSoup, we're all about community organizations coming together to improve the quality of life for citizens. So when I heard about a collaborative project between nonprofits, city agencies, and the local library happening in my own backyard (almost literally!), A Nonprofit-Driven Community Project.

Guide 36
article thumbnail

20+ Nonprofit Tools You Need to Get Your New Nonprofit Up and Running

Get Fully Funded

With Google Workspace you get: Gmail, Chat, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms, and many more tools, all for just $6 a month. You may feel like you are doing everything yourself, but at some point you will be collaborating with others on documents, and you will need Docs and Sheets.

Tools 105
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Vendor Relationship Management: Why Nonprofits Should Care

Tech Soup

Whenever I learn about a new concept or trend in technology, I try and think about how nonprofits and libraries could use it or benefit from it. The movement has huge potential for nonprofits and public libraries, but it still has some ways to go in the overall technology sector. Doc Searls on VRM. Challenges. The Bottom Line.

article thumbnail

Around the TechSoup Global Blogosphere

Tech Soup

From the TechSoup Community. Learn how to become a social organization with tips from Yammer 's director of community. Read the transcript of the Nonprofit Commons meeting, featuring Dr. Valerie Hill of Texas Woman’s University School of Library and Information Science discussing libraries, museums, and immersive learning.

Global 52
article thumbnail

Around the TechSoup Global Blogosphere, March 20-26

Tech Soup

From the TechSoup Community: TechSoup Blog. Kevin warns of a newly discovered security weakness in Google Docs. If you're at the Computers in Libraries Conference next week, be sure to check out Brenda's talk on small libraries. In case you missed it, here are a few things that have been on our minds over the past week.

Global 43
article thumbnail

Letter from Participation Camp: The Digital Divide

Forum One

billion in Recovery Act grants and loans to improve internet access in American communities.). Public Library. libraries is still a challenge. Some takeaways: Assistance providers (libraries, community centers, nonprofits) often lack web-savvy volunteers and staff. Limited computer time at D.C.

article thumbnail

Jen Louden, Savor and Serve: How I Have Fun, Do Good

Have Fun - Do Good

We wrote a sweetness in front of an office for a friend grieving the death of his child, in front of our doc's office saying thanks for being such a great healer, and loud praise for the librarians at the library. What was truly cool was how long some of the messages lasted - in some cases, weeks!

Fun 74