article thumbnail

Why Are So Many Participatory Experiences Focused on Teens?

Museum 2.0

Over the past year, I've noticed a strange trend in the calls I receive about upcoming participatory museum projects: the majority of them are being planned for teen audiences. Why are teens over-represented in participatory projects? Teens are a known (and somewhat controllable) entity. The first of these reasons is practical.

Teen 24
article thumbnail

Private Foundations Are Now Eligible for Citrix Online Donations

Tech Soup

"Our community health agency recently expanded into additional counties, causing a difficulty in conducting necessary meetings with our management team. The donation of GoToMeeting has enabled us to meet on a regular basis, keeping communication an important aspect of running our agency. Teen Outreach Pregnancy Services.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Deep Learning When Nonprofit Techies Get Together

Tech Soup

I heard from an organizer who told me that her last two jobs have come from her volunteer role in our community, and from many others who told me that getting together with their peers is what gives them the energy to continue to find innovative ways to use technology for good. Join them every month for a dose of community invigoration!

article thumbnail

Guest Post from Museums and the Web: Bryan Kennedy

Museum 2.0

Flickr's Commons project - Flickr is offering up its powerful community tools for museum photo collections. The Walker Art Center is turning its teen website over to the teens. Efforts like Freebase , which hopes to be the wikipedia for data, are giving communities the ability to collaboratively share data.

Museum 20
article thumbnail

The Coming Wave of Web 2.0 Consultants and Vendors - Online Fundraising, Advocacy, and Social Media - frogloop

Care2

Wikipedia is one place where consultants could shortly play a supporting role for issue organizations. However if you, as a well-meaning representative of an organization, try to inject your side into the debate, your edits might be summarily deleted and you may be accused of violating Wikipedia rules in quite harsh terms.

article thumbnail

Trust Me, Know Me, Love Me: Trust in the Participatory Age

Museum 2.0

Community sites often maintain this back-channel discussion with users after launch, letting them know about scheduled outages and ways they are addressing community concerns (for example, the Second Life blog and community meetings). I'm reading a book of essays about how to teach written by teens. In the Web 2.0

article thumbnail

The Coming Wave of Web 2.0 Consultants and Vendors - Online Fundraising, Advocacy, and Social Media - frogloop

Care2

Wikipedia is one place where consultants could shortly play a supporting role for issue organizations. However if you, as a well-meaning representative of an organization, try to inject your side into the debate, your edits might be summarily deleted and you may be accused of violating Wikipedia rules in quite harsh terms.