article thumbnail

January 2022 equity update to the community

NTEN

2021 was an eventful year at NTEN as we continued to promote, work towards, and model equitable practices internally and externally. This evaluation process involves all three equity committees, including board, community, and staff. 2022 focus. Strengthening continuity plans; updating and expanding hiring and onboarding documentation.

article thumbnail

Apply for the 2021 Digital Inclusion Fellowship

NTEN

Whether it was trying to attend classes, apply for government benefits, or practice religion, many people were excluded from fully participating in their communities. NTEN has long advocated that every organization needs to recognize the role of digital equity in meeting its mission. Austin, TX: 1 position (sponsored by Google Fiber).

Digital 130
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why Ongoing Professional Development Is Essential For The Nonprofit Community

Bloomerang

A recent project by NTEN and Cornerstone, “ The State of Nonprofit Professional Development ,” uncovered that “nonprofit staff want to learn and grow in their jobs and careers and that they seek to pursue professional development even if it’s not an official part of the expectations and evaluations in their jobs.”.

article thumbnail

Eileigh Doineau, NTEN Development Manager, Shares Her #NTENthanks

NTEN

November is Member Appreciation Month at NTEN. NTEN''s Development Manager, Eileigh Doineau, shares her #ntenthanks for NTEN''s Members. This is my third Member Appreciation Month here at NTEN, which seems amazing to me because I feel both like I just got here and as though I have always been here. ntenthanks Community'

NTEN 65
article thumbnail

Welcome to the 2021 Digital Inclusion Fellows

NTEN

They jumped in head first to address significant digital inclusion challenges in a pandemic, figuring things out as they went, innovating, creating, and iterating to support their communities in the best way possible. The fellowship is made possible by the generous support of our sponsors: Google Fiber and the Cleveland Foundation.

Digital 123
article thumbnail

Crowdsourcing: Community vs Crowd

Amy Sample Ward

You can see the full collection, and how they were voted on by the community here: [link]. The Value-add of Crowdsourcing: For me, the two biggest reasons to include crowdsourcing in your strategic design of community building or contests are: Crowdsourcing invites diversity by encouraging anyone with an idea or interest to participate.

Community 207
article thumbnail

2021 Technology-Enabled Operations Report

NTEN

and beyond have been affected in myriad ways by the COVID-19 pandemic for nearly a year now, including the quickly increasing needs of communities without access to income, health care, or other necessary supports. NTEN partnered with Unit4 to identify the realities, challenges, and plans of nonprofits specific to technology and operations.

Report 68