article thumbnail

10 LinkedIn Best Practices for Nonprofits

Nonprofit Tech for Good

It’s an ideal community to connect co-workers, influencers, donors, and corporate sponsors. Content that focuses on thought leadership, rather than inspirational storytelling, best serves the tone of the LinkedIn community. Breaking news that communicates the story of your mission and programs. For example: 1.

Linkedin 363
article thumbnail

Building Personal Relationships with Thousands at a Time

NetWits

Let’s say your organization has 3 primary service programs: animals, homeless and youth. Increase Number of Users Logging In – Use Targeted Content to include specific messaging in your eNewsletter sidebar, reminding users that you haven’t seen them online in a while and the community functionality they’re missing out on.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Fundraising Lessons from the Father of Advertising | Ogilvy on Fundraising

Whole Whale

Participation builds loyalty and community. A charity combating homelessness should feature stories of providing shelter, not just cute mascots. Test digital engagement tactics like emoji reactions, quick polls and unfortunate consequences of inaction. Growing your community of supporters is the only measure that matters.

Lesson 59
article thumbnail

Fundraising for Education: Your Guide to Doing Virtual Fundraising Right

Qgiv

Finally, you want to make sure you add interactive elements to your livestream, whether that’s by adding chat people can use to ask questions, or y breaking up your livestream with polls, quizzes, raffles, etc. John Center for Homeless Men recently added some engagement to their Raisin’ the Rent event with virtual house parties !

article thumbnail

Get the Tools to Train and Educate

Tech Soup

Job training for at-risk youth, veterans reentering the workforce, or even homeless populations. In addition to having all of the functionality of GoToMeeting , GoToWebinar lets you keep track of webinar registration and attendance, and its polling and survey features help you get audience feedback. Learning Resources from TechSoup.

article thumbnail

Reflections on Extension 2.0 Webinar

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Arts Wire was patterned after the Well and was designed as an online conversation community for artists and arts organizations. Note to self, look for a 2-3 minute video about one of the steps) The poll feature was great way to engage people and I wish I had thought though some more of those to incorporate along the way.

article thumbnail

[VIDEO] Demystifying the Grants Lifecycle: Grant Seeking Lessons and Pro-tips from the Field

Bloomerang

We’ve got some polls for you. ” I don’t know if these questions sound familiar to you, but we’ll just do a little poll to see which of these questions you have about grants. Most of you have answered, so we’re going to just end the poll. So I’m actually going to launch my second poll.

Grant 74