article thumbnail

COVID-19 case study: Changing funding practices in Europe

Candid

Based on Philea’s recent analysis of surveys, in-depth interviews, and meetings with European foundations, we’ve seen how the pandemic has had significant implications for the way philanthropy operates in Europe. International giving was not limited within the borders of Europe, however.

Europe 91
article thumbnail

How to Apply Service Design to the Social Sector

Forum One

Social sector service design is fairly well established in Europe and is increasingly growing in the U.S.—especially They conducted extensive research, including an employee workshop, created a current state journey map, and conducted contextual inquiries and phone interviews.

Design 72
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Interview with Temra Costa, Author of Farmer Jane: Women Changing the Way We Eat

Have Fun - Do Good

I just *loved* this book, and also enjoy Temra's show, so I was super excited to interview her for the Big Vision Podcast. Britt Bravo: You interviewed 30 women, and organized them by if they were farmers, activists, and different things. Overall, was there a theme among the stories of the women that you interviewed?

article thumbnail

Success Stories From 10 Successful Entrepreneurs From Around The World

Eric Jacobsen Blog

The Place – connecting with people, community and place. Littman & Camp : We wanted to give the entrepreneurial community a new roadmap for personal and team growth. Susanna has a big techie network, as an early community leader at the pivotal publication Wired and then on the staff of Macworld , PCWorld and Outside magazines.

Story 52
article thumbnail

The Lessons From 10 Entrepreneurs From Around The World

Eric Jacobsen Blog

The Place – connecting with people, community and place. Littman & Camp : We wanted to give the entrepreneurial community a new roadmap for personal and team growth. Susanna has a big techie network, as an early community leader at the pivotal publication Wired and then on the staff of Macworld , PCWorld and Outside magazines.

Lesson 52
article thumbnail

The Revealing And Inspirational Journeys Of 10 Entrepreneurs From Around The World

Eric Jacobsen Blog

Chapter 52
article thumbnail

Empowering Refugees: Interview with Kjerstin Erickson of FORGE

Have Fun - Do Good

After meeting her at the Global Engagement Summer last spring, I knew I wanted to grab her for an interview before she became too famous. What we do is essentially support social entrepreneurship within refugee communities. What we do is essentially support social entrepreneurship within refugee communities.