Remove Collaboration Remove Community Remove Government Remove Slides
article thumbnail

Celebrating 25 Years of Innovation and Impact: Reflecting on Our Journey

The MatrixFiles

So many of our clients are revisiting their strategic plans, most are upending their conferences, some are rethinking their member types, and so many are tweaking their governance. WHO we serve isn’t changing – we’re still committed and focused on the association and nonprofit community.

Celebrate 130
article thumbnail

New on SSIR: Innovating at the Speed of Communities

Amy Sample Ward

I’m gathering my thoughts to start putting together my slides and presentation and wanted to stop for reflection and sharing. Libraries, whether associated with a school, government, agency or geography, serve a community. Communities As A Model. Libraries can and should be doing the same.

Community 167
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Can You Measure the Impact of Capacity Building for Nonprofits?

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Capacity building includes both money (grants), consultants/technical assistance, peer learning/communities of practice, and collaboration. Other areas include: communications, executive transition, evaluation/learning, networking/convening, and professional development. Presentation slides.

Measure 57
article thumbnail

Finding a Community of Nonprofit Technology Experts

Tech Soup

We have groups in 24 countries, and last year, we held 835 events helping more than 12,000 nonprofit employees, board members, volunteers, and community leaders. Check out the [blog]([link] to get a taste of our grassroots community. * **Katharine Bierce** recorded her recent [tech and philanthropy panel]([link].

article thumbnail

Dancefloor and Balcony: What I learned about emergent online collaboration from Eugene Eric Kim

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

The Foundation’s Organizational Effectiveness program has long supported projects to help Foundation grantees improve management, governance, and leadership. Eugene Eric Kim is an expert in online culture and collaboration, particularly with new tools. Self-organizing is difficult without communication.

article thumbnail

Multiple Platform Social Media Strategies: Recap from #StateandMain14

NTEN

Last week I got to attend the National Alliance for Media and Culture (NAMAC) and Alliance for Community Media (ACM) ''s first-ever joint National Conference: State and Main 2014 ( #StateMain14 ) in Philadelphia, PA. In addition, we were joined by fellow panelists, Felicia Pride , pride collaborative, and Nickey Robare , St.

article thumbnail

Nonprofits Live: Great Presentations on August 26

Tech Soup

This blog post was authored by Evonne Heyning, interactive media producer with TechSoup's community and social media team. Rik Panganiban, who leads the Nonprofit Commons online community in Second Life and presents frequently on topics related to global collaboration, education, and nonprofit leadership. Nat Robinson.

Oracle 68