Remove Celebrate Remove Community Remove France Remove Life
article thumbnail

Pride is a Protest, Not a Parade: How Education Can Help Fight Hate Against the LGBTQ+ Community

Saleforce Nonprofit

Every June, the LGBTQ+ community and allies come together to celebrate love and friendship, to show how far the equality movement has come, and how much more work there is to do. Progress is never linear with hate crimes and discrimination against the community rising. Whether you are part of the LGBTQ+ community or an ally.

article thumbnail

The Power of Sport in Changing the World

Saleforce Nonprofit

Being in that room was one of the most impactful moments of my life, and I remember thinking about the important role sport played for me and its incredible potential. In 2005, a visit to Right to Play in Sierra Leone with skateboarding icon Tony Hawk changed my life.

Change 80
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Need Hands-on Help? NetSquared's Free Workshops Are in Your Community

Tech Soup

If you're holding monthly events gathering the #nptech community, let me know , and I'll include you in the next community calendar. Saint Paul, Minnesota: Communications Networking Lunch: Fostering Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility in Your Communications. Milton, Massachusetts: Giving Nonprofit Life Seminar.

article thumbnail

34 Clever Summer Fundraising Ideas

Whole Whale

Tour-de-France (July). It’s not summer without the Tour-de-France in July (or get a head-start with World Bicycle Day on June 3). Host a Community Clean-Up. Take a look at how HikeFor.com is helping Donate Life America raise funds. Each nail painted with that color ups the fundraising digits for a worthy purpose.

Ideas 98
article thumbnail

Why Nonprofit Workplaces Are Stressful and What To Do About It

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

One of the points he brings up is the importance of creating an environment where life/work balance flourish. Creating a culture of community and giving more control to staff over their jobs create workplaces are less stressful. How has your nonprofit activating a culture of work/life balance? Finland ranked first in happiness.

Finland 113
article thumbnail

Diversify Your Year-End Campaigns: How To Be Mindful And Inclusive Of Cultural Traditions

Bloomerang

It’s a time when we’re encouraged to think of others and those enduring the hardships of life in a world which gets physically and mentally more testing. By better understanding the wide cultural roots of this season of generosity we can fine-tune the means to communicate with all who make up our communities.

Culture 107
article thumbnail

Interview with Temra Costa, Author of Farmer Jane: Women Changing the Way We Eat

Have Fun - Do Good

They are either from other countries, or they are embedded in communities of color or of other places, or they've traveled and worked extensively with communities. I went to France. My great-grandparents were dairymen and dairywomen, so I went to France, and I dabbled a little bit in cheese making. What brought you here?