article thumbnail

Good Finds for Nonprofits: Engagement Communities

NonProfit Hub

This week, we’re looking at Engagement Communities, a platform designed to elevate your interaction with your team or board. MissionBox Engagement Communities. Does it ever feel like the more ways we have to communicate, the more confusing and complicated things become? The consensus: Virtual is the new reality.

article thumbnail

The 12 Nonprofit Tech TwtPolls of 2012

Nonprofit Tech for Good

That said, the actual voting numbers are low likely due to a fear that voting will result in spam tweet exclaiming you voted. So, as I continue to post “TwtPolls of the Month” throughout 2013, your participation in future polls is greatly appreciated. That doesn’t happen. twtpoll.com/isrp80. twtpoll.com/3oh12a.

Tech 188
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 LinkedIn Best Practices for Nonprofits

Nonprofit Tech for Good

It’s an ideal community to connect co-workers, influencers, donors, and corporate sponsors. Content that focuses on thought leadership, rather than inspirational storytelling, best serves the tone of the LinkedIn community. Breaking news that communicates the story of your mission and programs. For example: 1.

Linkedin 363
article thumbnail

Nonprofit Donor Engagement Strategies: Breaking Through the Noise

Neon CRM

Having solid donor engagement strategies in place is important for any nonprofit that wants to inspire generosity in their community and build a base of lifelong supporters. Sharing conversation starters, polls, or even quizzes on social media can inspire lots of engagement. Encouraging conversations.

Donor 98
article thumbnail

Google + for Social Change Activists: Dive in Early or Wait?

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

During the Webinar, I polled the group’s general approach. I am avoiding spamming all three networks with cut and paste streams. If there are too many unanswered questions about the impact of the technology platform, better to wait until others have been able to deliver tangible value.

Google 116
article thumbnail

So you want a Facebook Fan Page for Your Nonprofit? Here's the Scoop!

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Facebook empowers non-profits by enabling them to mobilize communities, organize events, increase fundraising, reduce costs with free online tools, and raise awareness through viral networks. It's intended to prevent spam. Also, I had major brain blip and forgot the name of the polling app that they mentioned.

Facebook 118
article thumbnail

10 Facebook Best Practices for Nonprofits

Nonprofit Tech for Good

For example, the Community Food Bank of Arizona : 3) Invest in Facebook Ads. That’s equivalent to sending an email to your supporters and 98% of your emails going to spam folders. Perhaps improved storytelling (text, images, videos, polls, stickers, etc.) 3) Upload visual content that tells the story of your organization.

Facebook 364