article thumbnail

I’m Celebrating NTEN on #GivingTuesday (Dec. 3rd at 9 am PST) – Join Me and NTEN CEO Amy Sample Ward

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

3) to celebrate NTEN , a small nonprofit, and its work to support the largest and most caring community of nonprofit techies to do their best work. Join me for a chat on #GivingTuesday, December 3 at 9:00 am PST on my LinkedIn Influencer blog with NTEN CEO, Amy Sample Ward. You can sign up for the chat here.

NTEN 103
article thumbnail

Online Community Organizing: Start small, think big!

Amy Sample Ward

NetSquared’s February series exploring “Online Community Organizing” includes three different interviews; I’m really excited to participate! I work in and support nonprofit organizations, and my focus on communities isn’t to suggest that organizations are “bad” or aren’t making a difference.

Community 179
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Crowdsourcing: Community vs Crowd

Amy Sample Ward

You can see the full collection, and how they were voted on by the community here: [link]. The Value-add of Crowdsourcing: For me, the two biggest reasons to include crowdsourcing in your strategic design of community building or contests are: Crowdsourcing invites diversity by encouraging anyone with an idea or interest to participate.

Community 207
article thumbnail

Digital Adoption Survey: A New Research Project from NTEN and Mobile Citizen

NTEN

NTEN is excited to partner with Mobile Citizen on a new research project to explore how online services and Internet access help you and your colleagues deliver services and programs, and connect you with your constituents. digital adoption digital inclusion Leadership Mobile Citizen nten research'

Adopt 36
article thumbnail

Grow Your Community #NPTechChat: Challenges, Opportunities

Tech Soup

Around the world, organizations face unique challenges when mobilizing their constituents and growing online communities, whether for a cause, an issue, an organization's mission, or a combination thereof. How should organizations harness their online communities? What are examples of effective community engagement?

article thumbnail

5 questions for Samara Islam

NTEN

The NTEN team continues to grow! Samara brings a passion for community and problem-solving. I grew up in the 1990s, so Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles probably influenced this a lot. The post 5 questions for Samara Islam appeared first on NTEN. We’re excited to welcome Samara Islam as our new Program Coordinator.

article thumbnail

Increasing Social Influence to Drive Fundraising Efforts

NTEN

People join an organization’s social community for a variety of reasons, including: Social Influence: A friend, co-worker or family member requested support. Social networking can enhance institutional awareness, fundraising efforts and cause loyalty if the nonprofit effectively manages and monitors the community.