article thumbnail

Strengthen Your Community with a Knowledge Sharing Network

NTEN

Maybe you’ve also taken the next step of strengthening your stakeholder community by engaging in back and forth dialog online – whether in existing social spaces like blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, or in a custom built online community. Are you ready to take your community to the next level of maturity? Some are huge.

article thumbnail

Will It Take a Village to Bring Our Communities Online?

NTEN

As nonprofits, what are our responsibilities to our communities? As humans, what are our responsibilities to our communities? Where is your community online? By hard coded, I mean in the legal policies you've adopted, the features you've released and prioritized, your data taxonomies, your site map and information hierarchy.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Building and Supporting Your Drupal Website: In-House, Outsourced, or Both?

NTEN

If critical functions like fundraising, advocacy, community building, membership management, marketing, and publicity are being fulfilled by your website, you will want to invest a proportional amount of time and money into keeping it humming along. Tip 1: Assess the importance of your website.

Drupal 71
article thumbnail

Guest Post by Laura Norvig: Friendfeed As Nonprofit Technology Water Cooler

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Photo by Matt Westervelt Back in April I created a slide presentation for an Ignite session at NTC about the Many Uses of Friendfeed that Beth Kanter picked up on , intrigued with the idea of using it as an internal listening tool. for the last five years or so). If yes, how is it going? If not, why not?

article thumbnail

Shoulder-to-Shoulder Instructional Media: My Tagging Screencast at NTEN!

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

I hope to share some simple and fun ways to create "shoulder-to-shoulder" instructional media for the panel on Screencasting at NTC I'm doing. The ones most often mentioned by members of the nonprofit technology community include this short list: Del.icio.us. re not creating a formal taxonomy, rather it???s