article thumbnail

3 Strategies for Effective Nonprofit E-Learning

The Nerdy NonProfit

For example, rather than showcasing a North American hospital, it would be more valuable to share images of field hospitals in the designated location. Examples, questions, and scenarios that reflect what the learner will encounter. Or, would you have questions like: “Who is the learner and what do they ‘like’? We could go on.

Effective 162
article thumbnail

SXSW 2013 – Are You A Social Media Nonprofit Manager Looking for Your Peers? #npsmpeer

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

I was honored to be involved with the instructional design and delivery of two workshops specifically for nonprofits. One goal that I had was to a peer support community through the twitter hashtag # npsmpeer – where nonprofit social media managers could share advice and support one another. Hearing from so many people.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Trainer’s Notebook: Finding Inspiration and New Ideas for Facilitation Techniques

Gunner also facilitated a brainstorming and affinity mapping exercise to unpack all the possible topics for deep dives in small groups in the afternoon. I’ve used these techniques myself and been in many other sessions where facilitators used design-thinking techniques. It is a technique that is used in Open Space design.

article thumbnail

How To Make A Back Channel Light Up Like Clark Griswald's House

On Tuesday, I had the opportunity to do a Webinar called " Social Media for Trainers: A Bag of Tricks " over at the Engage 365 Online Community site. I covered these three topics: Why: Social media integrated into instruction - Pass or Fail? What: The art of social instructional design. How: 6 Tools and Tips.

Channel 87
article thumbnail

Free Webinar: Sharing Trainer's Social Media Bag of Tricks and Secrets

And, many of our community members were just learning too. . And then immediately create instructional materials and trainings for the community. Not unlike where you start for a communications or social media strategy, eh? How to think like a social instructional designer. Audience Research.

article thumbnail

Basic Facilitation Techniques for Nonprofits

Community Organizing. One thing I have noticed when co-designing workshops or gatherings with other facilitators, is that some facilitators like to specialize and or have a preference for one method or philosophy. .” Peer Learning / Coaching. Reflective Practice. Innovation / Generating New Ideas. Strategic Dialogue.

article thumbnail

DoGoodData Conference: Live Long and Prosper with Data for Good!

But none of this would not have been possible if not for the dedication, vision, and leadership from Andrew Means, who has passionately been working on creating a learning community of nonprofit professionals interested in data for social change called Data Analysts for Social Good. Markets for Good (@MarketsForGood) May 1, 2015.