article thumbnail

Help Hurricane Harvey Victims: Where To Donate #HoustonStrong

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Here’s a list of suggestions from people in my network: United Way of Houston. Jewish Federation of Greater Houston. YMCA Houston. Legacy Community Health Center. Greater Houston Community Foundation Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. Covenant Hous e (helping homeless youth). Bayou Animal Services.

Hurricane 136
article thumbnail

Tips to Maintain Momentum for Your In-Person Fundraising Events Amidst COVID-19

Connection Cafe

It also can help reinforce the vital role your organization plays in the community. Early in my career, I worked on the Race for the Cure in Houston when a hurricane swept through 10 days before our event. Our mission to end cancer is equally important as the hurricane relief efforts.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Galveston nonprofit tree organization vies to win $50,000 through online contest - Houston Chronicle

AFP Blog

Galveston nonprofit tree organization vies to win $50,000 through online contest - Houston Chronicle : A community campaign to replace the tree canopy Galveston lost to Hurricane Ike is in the running for a $50,000 project award from Tom's of Maine.

Houston 24
article thumbnail

6 Trends Shaping Corporate Engagement Today

Connection Cafe

Each of them is trying to understand how to best serve their companies, their colleagues and their communities while staying at a comfortable lead ahead of others in the field or, at the very least, to keep up with new ideas. Social impact at the scale of our problems will depend on partnerships with the business community.

Trend 34
article thumbnail

The Maui wildfires: A record in disaster philanthropy, an opportunity to ‘get it right’ 

Candid

Much of the non-governmental funding went to the Maui Strong Fund at the Hawai‘i Community Foundation (HCF), which received almost $188 million in donations (including earned interest) as of March 22. As far as we know, this is the highest amount ever raised by a single community foundation for a non-terrorism-related disaster.

Disaster 122
article thumbnail

Meet Connie Reece: Using Social Media to Strike Back At Ike

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Based on Austin, Texas, I caught up with Connie to find how she is using Social Media raise money for victims of Hurricane Ike and other recent social media fundraising causes. The social media community in Austin is very active in worthwhile causes. Our food bank is also assisting the Houston food bank. Tell me about you.

article thumbnail

Volunteering Can Be Good for Your Job

Have Fun - Do Good

According to the Womens Way press release , "The correlation of women’s professional growth and development with their philanthropic involvement makes a strong business case to employees and employers about the importance of investing in community involvement as a professional development tool."

Job 40