Remove Celebrate Remove Community Remove Empowerment Remove Kenya
article thumbnail

Your Tweet Can Leverage A 10 Cent Donation to Care March 2-5th

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Last month, the Twitter community came together online and offline in over 180 cities around the world to raise money for charity:water with the highly successful " Twestival " fundraising event which brought in over $250,000. event that was larger in scale, included celebrities, and live streaming. Each tweet raises 10 cents for CARE.

article thumbnail

Traveling Postcards: Interview with Founder, Caroline Lovell

Have Fun - Do Good

Hundreds of unique, hand-made art postcards, containing words of compassion and solidarity are hand delivered to individuals and communities all over the world, bringing connection, hope, visibility and voice to women and girls whose lives have suffered from isolation, violence or repression. What is the path that brought you to this work?

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Using Photography to Change the World: An Interview with Paola Gianturco

Have Fun - Do Good

Britt Bravo: In so many of the groups you profiled, the women were using the arts for education, empowerment, or healing. They write poems about their experiences, and when they recite them in community meetings, their neighbors are outraged, and mobilized immediately to action. Celebrating Women was book number two.

article thumbnail

Mr. Jim Goes to Washington (and New York, and Nairobi, and Seoul, and Kampala, and Boston…)

Beneblog: Technology Meets Society

Not sure whether to celebrate or mourn this milestone. Nairobi, Kenya Next I headed to Nairobi, Kenya. She is a University of Minnesota law school professor who was born in Africa and is a terrific advocate for the Treaty and its empowerment of the blind community. Why do I do it? Why do my peers do it?

New York 100
article thumbnail

Alli Chagi-Starr, Art in Action/Ella Baker Center, Podcast Interview Transcription

Have Fun - Do Good

The slogan is "Green Collar Jobs, not Jails" and what we're trying to promote a big vision which includes being able to employ formerly incarcerated people from the Oakland area, "at risk" -- quote unquote -- people from this area into jobs which don't hurt the environment, that actually help sustain us as a community.

Arts 40
article thumbnail

The Global Fund for Women: An Interview with Kavita Ramdas

Have Fun - Do Good

To me, that sort of sums up something very special about the way in which we try to make these resources accessible to women-led initiatives that are often some of the most creative that we are seeing on issues ranging from the environment, to health, to education, to building peace and sustainable communities around the world.

Global 44