Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Participatory Remove Teen
article thumbnail

The Participatory Museum, Five Years Later

Museum 2.0

This week marks five years since the book The Participatory Museum was first released. I thought the pinnacle of participatory practice was an exhibit that could inspire collective visitor action without facilitation. If participation was my mantra from 2007-2011, community has been my mantra since then. Build community.

article thumbnail

Year Three as a Museum Director. Thrived.

Museum 2.0

I arrived in 2011 with the explicit directive to execute a turnaround. Over the past three years, we''ve tripled our attendance, doubled our budget, and, most importantly, established deep and diverse relationships with community members, artists, and organizations across Santa Cruz County. In the meantime, here are some.

Museum 49
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Why I Blog

Museum 2.0

You''re in for a treat, with upcoming posts on creativity, collections management, elitism, science play, permanent participatory galleries, partnering with underserved teens, magic vests, and more. I crave community, but I am not naturally outgoing in large group settings like conferences. As the readership for Museum 2.0

Museum 35
article thumbnail

AAM Recap: Slides, Observations, and Object Fetishism

Museum 2.0

Visitor Co-Created Museum Experiences This session was a dream for me, one that brought together instigators of three participatory exhibit projects: MN150 (Kate Roberts), Click! So far, most participatory museum design projects are heavily guided by the institution. technology and more focus on engaging with communities.

Slides 20