Skip to content

Social Media for Social Good: A How-To Webinar for Nonprofits

July 14, 2011

[tweetmeme] Date: Thursday, November 1, 2012
Time: 1pm-2:30 EDT
Cost: Free
How to Register: Sign up!
Presented By: Heather Mansfield

Based upon the book Social Media for Social Good: A How-To Guide for Nonprofits, this webinar begins with defining Web 1.0, Web 2.0, and Web 3.0 communications and fundraising, and then quickly moves on to a discussion about the importance of integrating the tools from each era in order to maximize your nonprofit’s Return on Investment (ROI) from utilizing social media and mobile technology. Written as a step-by-step strategic plan, Social Media for Social Good is packed with hundreds of social media and mobile technology best practices and how to’s – 11 of which are featured in detail in this webinar (one from each chapter). Finally, the webinar closes with a brief conversation about what’s next in nonprofit communications and fundraising and the importance of early adoption.

Please Note: There is a limited number of attendees. Those that register before maximum capacity is reached will receive login and call-in information via email from GoToWebinar within 24 hours. Those that do not will be alerted of future webinar dates via email. This webinar will likely be presented monthly through the end of 2011.

Related Links:
Social Media for Social Good: Table of Contents
Social Media and Mobile Technology Webinars for Nonprofits

52 Comments leave one →
  1. July 14, 2011 6:55 am

Will a podcast be made available? I work full-time during the day, and raise girls self esteem on my free time. My non-profit is truly “non-profit.”

Thanks,

Laura Palmer
    All Girls Glorified

2. Michael Masiello permalink
    July 14, 2011 6:58 am

Hi Heather, I would love to attend the webinar, but the time is difficult for me. Is there any way you can make a recording available for me?

• nonprofitorgs permalink
      July 15, 2011 3:46 am

No, sorry… I just don’t record my webinars.

• September 5, 2012 9:47 am

I listened to the webinar and you said you would send notes the next day. I haven’t received them…where can Ifind them thanks alot! Webinar was
        inspiring!

September 6, 2012 6:58 am

Just forwarded them. Thanks!

3. July 16, 2011 10:01 am

Will there be another opportunity offered on a different date? I also cannot make this time slot.

July 17, 2011 1:07 pm

Yehp… there will be one every month through the end of the year. Future dates not set yet. Thanks.

4. July 18, 2011 6:01 am

Thank you for the invitation. I cannot attend the August date. Let me know when the other dates are scheduled
    Thank you

5. August 4, 2011 10:29 am

Thanks for the great content on your webinar today. Any chance you’ll make it to Seattle for a tranining? Would love to attend…I’d also *love* it if you could provide comments or feedback on my blog post re: social media efforts for our nonprofit org, http://missionwise.blogspot.com/

6. August 4, 2011 10:43 am

I am looking forward to the next one! Thanks !

7. Tamania permalink
    August 15, 2011 3:51 am

I cant register, and being brought back to this page. Does that mean its full?

August 17, 2011 7:12 am

August 23 is still open but only 40 seats left…

8. August 29, 2011 5:18 am

Hi Heather,

WIll you be offering any webinars for those who have already read your book?

9. September 26, 2011 1:48 am

This webinar is advertized as including Africa, yet the only featured City is Casablanca? Very confusing!

September 27, 2011 12:14 pm

You didn’t scroll down far enough to see the other cities. Too late now however… the webinar is over.

10. October 19, 2011 7:45 am

Your e-mail newsletter says you will offer a free webinar to non profits in the U.S.:

“Free! Social Media for Social Good: A How-To Webinar for Nonprofits
    Monday, October 25: For Nonprofits in Oceania and Asia
    Wednesday, November 16: For Nonprofits in the United States, Canada, and Latin America”

That info does not match your website, which says the Nov. 16 webinar is for countries/continents other than the U.S.

Which is correct? How do we register for the U.S. and Canada option?

11. January 30, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi Heather,

We’d like to sample some of your webinars, but they never work in terms of time difference – we are based in Thailand!

Have/would you ever consider a webinar or two for your Asia-based readers?

Many thanks,
    Tim

January 31, 2012 5:47 am

Hi Tim,

I did a series for Asia-based nonprofits, but they were not very very attended. Thus, not in a rush to do it again. I am not so good at giving webinars at night. 🙂

Thanks,
      Heather

12. Allan permalink
    February 11, 2012 6:41 am

I’m looking foreward to it!

13. February 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi Heather! I’ve attended webinars with you in the past that have proved to be very productive and useful. I’d love to attend this one but I can’t due to time-conflicts. Can you still send me the webinar notes? Thank you =]

February 17, 2012 6:10 am

Please sign up for it anyway so you get the notes. Thanks.

14. February 16, 2012 10:17 pm

Govabuse state rep (Washington) Jan Smith told me to attend this on Feb 23d, so I’ll be there. Are there any special instructions, equipment etc needed? Please advise.

February 17, 2012 6:09 am

Please see the FAQ in the email sent to you by GoToWebinar after you register. Thanks.

15. February 21, 2012 2:04 pm

I would love to attend this webinar but because of the time difference (I’m in Australia), its unfeasible. Is there any chance that this webinar will be repeated at a different time to suit other time zones? Thanks!

February 22, 2012 9:47 am

It won’t be recorded and I don’t have a webinar series currently planned for nonprofits in Australia. I did it last year, but not many attended. Thanks!

16. March 10, 2012 11:29 am

I am far behind on social media. I need lots of help and am eager to learn from your webinar!

Jan

17. James R. Wirshing permalink
    June 7, 2012 5:33 am

Heather, I just discovered your blog & book yesterday, and purchased the Kindle ebook today. Do you have more webinars scheduled in 2012, and if so, where can I register. I’m anxious to learn, and correct my past “sins.”

18. November 2, 2012 7:57 am

Excellent information – Thanks! I had to cut out after an hour in and would love to get the notes from the presentation? Karen Schumacher – karen@pawsitiveworks.com

Trackbacks

1. Twitted by Follow_4_Change
  2. For Nonprofits in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and India! Social Media for Social Good: A How-To Webinar for Nonprofits « Nonprofit Tech 2.0 Blog :: A Social Media Guide for Nonprofits
  3. Social Media for Non-Profits | inSIde
  4. For Nonprofits in Oceania and Asia :: Social Media for Social Good: A How-To Webinar for Nonprofits « Nonprofit Tech 2.0 Blog :: A Social Media Guide for Nonprofits
  5. Web 1.0, Web 2.0, Web 3.0, Web 4.0: crash course highlights | NonProfit Coaching
  6. [Radio Interview] Social Media for Social Good: A How-To Guide for Nonprofits « Nonprofit Tech 2.0 Blog :: A Social Media Guide for Nonprofits
  7. 10 Most Popular Posts on Nonprofit Tech 2.0 in 2011 « Nonprofit Tech 2.0 Blog :: A Social Media Guide for Nonprofits
  8. Trend report: How Pinterest could be of use to NGOs, activists « All the things that make life better.
  9. Social Media for Social Good Book Tour Raises $17,130 for Partner Nonprofits « Nonprofit Tech 2.0 Blog :: A Social Media Guide for Nonprofits
  10. Social Media for Social Good | rieskebusiness
  11. SoMe 4 NoPro « The SOHOMike Blog
  12. How Many Hours Per Week Should Your Nonprofit Invest in Social Media? « Nonprofit Tech 2.0 Blog :: A Social Media Guide for Nonprofits
  13. Social Media for Social Good: A How-To Webinar for Nonprofits | kberryhill
  14. 22 Must-Read Updates to Social Media for Social Good: A How-To Guide for Nonprofits « Nonprofit Tech 2.0 Blog :: A Social Media Guide for Nonprofits
  15. Social Media for Social Good: A How-To Webinar for Nonprofits | Media Psychology and Social Change | Scoop.it
  16. Social Media for Social Good: A How-To Webinar for Nonprofits | Comunicación Efectica | Scoop.it
  17. Social Media for Social Good: A How-To Webinar for Nonprofits | Kore Social Media | Scoop.it
  18. Social Media for Social Good: Free Webinar for Nonprofits Aug. 23 | steppingstone
  19. Staten Island Arts » Social Media for Non-Profits

Leave a comment