article thumbnail

Open Source vs. Proprietary: Nonprofit CRM

Zen and the Art of Nonprofit Technology

Because of this, the deck has always been stacked against open source tools in this arena. From my perspective, open data (via ope APIs) can sometimes be more important to consider than whether or not a tool is open source – since integration with other tools, as well as using external tools of various sorts is critical.

article thumbnail

Introducing a New Community-Built Application Supported by Salesforce.org Commons

Saleforce Nonprofit

Whether it’s community services, donor relations, governance, volunteer management, or communications, data plays a critical role in telling the story and uncovering the insights required to develop a response. . DLRS is a community-built and community-maintained open source Salesforce solution.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

New leap for open source CMS vendor

Mpower Open, the vendor who took their high-end CRM/DMS product, MPX , open source last year, has adopted a new name, Orange Leap. They have also released two new products, called Orange Leap and the Guru. Both new products are based in Java, and are going to be released as open source.

article thumbnail

Architecting Composable Digital Experiences

Forum One

Mission-driven organizations face a number of unique challenges when it comes to building digital products. From experience, if architected and deployed right, you can easily expect Google Lighthouse scores in the 98+ range, even for highly complex digital products. This means a more performant and less resource-intensive experience.

Digital 86
article thumbnail

The Hidden Cost of Open Source LMS

Gyrus

The availability of free software has increased over the years with the development and release of programming kits for apps and software, community and support forums, and freemium software that offers limited use for free, but requires paying to get all software features unlocked. The LMS market is no exception.

article thumbnail

SaaS vs. Open Source

Home About Me Subscribe Zen and the Art of Nonprofit Technology Thoughtful and sometimes snarky perspectives on nonprofit technology SaaS vs. Open Source September 24, 2008 I just finished writing a post for the Idealware blog about choosing SaaS vs. Open source. From my perspective, the key is openness.

article thumbnail

Free and open source tool #15: MPower Open CRM

Home About Me Subscribe Zen and the Art of Nonprofit Technology Thoughtful and sometimes snarky perspectives on nonprofit technology Free and open source tool #15: MPower Open CRM April 14, 2008 I am so far behind, it’s not funny. MPower is not a new product. Yes, it’s a Windows product.