article thumbnail

Reflections on 14NTC: Technology Experimentation and the Ad Hoc Open Source Society

NTEN

In the true spirit of collaboration, NTC attendees collectively stewarded an ad hoc open source society. Craig Sinclair reflects on his experience, why he supports the open source movement, and shares examples of open venues for experimentation. Craig Sinclair. Digital Media Manager.

article thumbnail

Free and open source tool #15: MPower Open CRM

Zen and the Art of Nonprofit Technology

Home About Me Subscribe Zen and the Art of Nonprofit Technology Thoughtful and sometimes snarky perspectives on nonprofit technology Free and open source tool #15: MPower Open CRM April 14, 2008 I am so far behind, it’s not funny. What’s new about MPower is that it has very recently been released as open source.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Penguin Day: Pre-NTC Open Source Learning Opportunity

NTEN

Flickr Photo by Green Moon Penguin Day is coming to San Francisco on Saturday, April 25, 2009, right before the NTC. Full details about this opportunity to explore open source software are at [link]. Sessions will include: Introduction to Free and Open Source Software. Creative Commons And Open Content.

article thumbnail

Reflections on Drupal Day: Creating a One-Size-Fits-All Day for Nonprofit Professionals and Technologists

NTEN

I spent the last four months preparing for Drupal Day , a Drupal-centric, day-long workshop that ThinkShout coordinates as part of NTEN’s Nonprofit Technology Conference (NTC). community Community drupal NTC Open Source Open Source thinkshout Web Sites website IT Staff'

Drupal 74
article thumbnail

Post-NTC Ramblings

Home About Me Subscribe Zen and the Art of Nonprofit Technology Thoughtful and sometimes snarky perspectives on nonprofit technology Post-NTC Ramblings March 24, 2008 It was a great week. There are, of course, some tweaks we can make to make sure that everyone really can gain value from NTC, and we can sustain the richness that it contains.

NTC 100
article thumbnail

News from NTC ‘08

Home About Me Subscribe Zen and the Art of Nonprofit Technology Thoughtful and sometimes snarky perspectives on nonprofit technology News from NTC ‘08 March 20, 2008 I’ve been having a great time here at NTC – running into lots of folks I’m happy to see again, and meet, learning about new things, being involved.

NTC 111
article thumbnail

2009 NTC Preview: Laura Quinn on Open Source Content Management

NTEN

Ask anyone in the nonprofit technology community about Content Management Systems, and they're likely to mention one of the following: Drupal. If there's one thing I've learned in my 6+ years at NTEN, it's that people love to hate their web sites. We like them because they're free.