[PODCAST] The Ins and Outs of Community Engagement | Ft. Amy Sample Ward

NonProfit Hub

NTEN’s CEO, Amy Sample Ward, and Randy covered a lot of topics in this week’s podcast. Amy referenced her blog , where she writes about the ever-changing world of social media, engagement and the nonprofit sector in relation to generations. It’s no secret that nonprofit branding is important to the success of your organization, but Amy had some different ideas on whether or not it’s the right thing to focus on. Building community and engaging with different stakeholders.

Video Interview: NetSquared with Amy Sample Ward

NetWits

While at South by South West Interactive (SXSWi) Amy Sample Ward spent some time talking with me about how NetSquared ( about ) serves the nonprofit industry. Their mission is to help hundreds of thousands of non-profit organizations utilize the community empowering capabilities of the Internet to achieve social change NetSquared is focused on the intersection of technology and social impact.

Sample 103

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

DIY Community Engagement Metrics

Amy Sample Ward

I had a lot of fun yesterday giving a webinar for the Nonprofit Webinar series ; it was a whole hour discussing community engagement! DIY Community Engagement Metrics. View more presentations from Amy Sample Ward. Community Mapping. >>

Everything You Need To Know About Online Community Management

SocialFish

I’ve partnered with Ben Martin of Online Community Results to offer an on-demand, crash course on the Essentials on Online Community Management (EOCM). We designed this course for community managers (full or part-time) and the executives who oversee community management.

Amy Sample Ward, Community Builder and Nptechie: How I Have Fun and Do Good

Have Fun - Do Good

T he fourth guest post in my have fun, do good blogger series is by Amy Sample Ward. Amy is a blogger and trainer focused on supporting and educating organizations and changemakers in the use of evolving technologies that cultivate and engage communities.

I’m Celebrating NTEN on #GivingTuesday (Dec. 3rd at 9 am PST) – Join Me and NTEN CEO Amy Sample Ward

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

3) to celebrate NTEN , a small nonprofit, and its work to support the largest and most caring community of nonprofit techies to do their best work. Join me for a chat on #GivingTuesday, December 3 at 9:00 am PST on my LinkedIn Influencer blog with NTEN CEO, Amy Sample Ward.

Sample 116

Crowdsourcing: Community vs Crowd

Amy Sample Ward

We’ll be facilitating a conversation, more than doing a formal presentation, and will focus on the power of crowdsourcing (using our own case study from conducting the Social Media for Social Good case study competition) and the application of social media in nonprofit program delivery. View more presentations from Amy Sample Ward. You can see the full collection, and how they were voted on by the community here: [link]. Crowd vs Community.

Using Twitter to Build a Community and Recruit Volunteers

Amy Sample Ward

Last week, I had the opportunity to present at the 2011 Volunteer Management for Nonprofits Conference here in New York. View more presentations from Amy Sample Ward. And here are slides from a previous presentation: Twitter.Org: Twitter for Nonprofit Organizations.

NEW! Essentials of Online Community Management On-Demand Course

SocialFish

I’ve partnered with Ben Martin of Online Community Results to offer an on-demand, crash course on the Essentials on Online Community Management (EOCM). We designed this course for community managers (full or part-time) and the executives who oversee community management.

Course 125

Community Engagement and Social Media for Public Media

Amy Sample Ward

I recently had the opportunity to present a webinar for the National Center for Media Engagement , focused on community-driven engagement, and present a session at the Public Media Development and Marketing Conference , talking about building a social media strategy. Defining Community.

Public 197

Crowdsourcing vs Community-sourcing: What’s the difference and the opportunity?

Amy Sample Ward

Last week I presented for my second time with Nonprofit Webinars. The first time I focused on DIY Community Engagement Metrics and shared lots of templates and examples. Community sourcing vs Crowdsourcing. View more presentations from Amy Sample Ward.

Bringing Community Organizing into Online Campaigns – Dashboard

Amy Sample Ward

Here’s the dashboard from The Extraordinaries of our 2010 Nonprofit Technology Conference session today: Bringing Community Organizing Into Online Campaigns – [International Ballroom C] (#co2oc). Who: Speakers: Amy Sample Ward | Netsquared; Debra Askanase; Ivan Boothe. What: What is the basis of community organizing and why is it important to online campaigns? Tags: liveblogging 10ntc community building events online campaigns online community

My Audience is My Community

Connection Cafe

Given that perspective, it’s no surprise that WQED is the home to Mr. Rogers , yeah, the ‘wouldn’t you like to be my neighbor’ Mr. Rogers, so I think it’s safe to say they know a little something about nurturing one’s community. Author: Jonathan Weldon.

Why Individual Giving Strategies Often Don’t Work for Communities of Color

Connection Cafe

Statistically, individual donors provide 72% of the funds for nonprofits!” No one is disputing the importance of individual donors, but lumping all communities and organizations together and assuming they operate the same way is risky. Communities’ priorities often focus abroad.

Giving 208

Community-Driven Social Impact: Presentation, Case Studies, and Workshop

Amy Sample Ward

Last week was the 2011 Nonprofit Technology Conference and not only did I have the pleasure of presenting a couple sessions, it was also my first NTC as a staffer, as I joined NTEN earlier this month. I had a really wonderful time, and the Community-Driven Social Impact session was terrific!

Nonprofit Technology Link Love

Zen and the Art of Nonprofit Technology

Home About Me Subscribe Zen and the Art of Nonprofit Technology Thoughtful and sometimes snarky perspectives on nonprofit technology Nonprofit Technology Link Love July 30, 2008 Here are posts from a small sampling of bloggers I regularly read: Holly Ross shows her geek cred in a great post about DNS. Amy Sample Ward let’s us know how to give green. and social network guru for the nptech community.

5 Easy Ways Nonprofits Can Use Testing to Increase Digital Engagement

The Science Behind Engaging your Supporters

There’s no secret trick to instantly improving digital engagement for nonprofits. The most reliable way for nonprofits to increase digital engagement is to test different techniques and messages with your own audience to determine what they respond to best, and follow the results.

Test 90

[You need this!!] Essentials of Online Community Management On-Demand Course

SocialFish

Course 108

GUIDE: Using Donor Personas to Maximize Your Nonprofit Fundraising

The Science Behind Engaging your Supporters

It’s no secret that storytelling in the digital age is essential for nonprofits , but the efficacy of stories depends largely on how clearly and strategically they’re communicated to each unique segment of your audience, also sometimes known as a persona.

New on SSIR: Can Giving Days Strengthen Your Community?

Amy Sample Ward

Nearly 18,000 people participated in the 24-hour, online fundraising event, raising more than $2 million to benefit 1,200 local nonprofits. The in-person events were complemented by a free, comprehensive online nonprofit toolkit.

Giving 180

3 Weeks Until #GivingTuesday! Is Your Organization Ready?

Connection Cafe

Secure friends of your organization (board members, volunteers, staff, community leaders, organization cheerleaders, family members if necessary) to build fundraising teams and reach out to their social circles.

The Nonprofit Fundraising Strategic Plan Guide

Everyaction

The Nonprofit Fundraising Strategic Plan Guide explores the fundraising planning process and breaks down each of the necessary elements that will allow you and your team to elevate your next campaign. All three areas of foundation giving - community, independent, and operating - also grew.

Guide 110

Guest Post by Amy Sample Ward: Want a peek at my RSS: Here it is!

Submitted by Amy Sample Ward, publisher of Amy Sample Ward’s Version of NPTech When it comes to “nptech” or nonprofit technology, there are more blogs and organizations and resources than any one person can find, let alone keep track of! Amy Sample Ward’s Version of RSS Why?

RSS 65

Congrats to Amy Sample Ward Connec+ipedian of the Year and Bon Voyage!

Amy Sample Ward , a major player in the nonprofit technology blogosphere, has been named Connec+ipedian of the Year , an innovative example of nonprofits working wikily and that Amy helped design and launch.

Guest Post by Amy Sample Ward -- The Power of Vision: Review of “The Pollyanna Principles”

Submitted by Amy Sample Ward, publisher of Amy Sample Ward’s Version of NPTech Hildy Gottlieb’s new book The Pollyanna Principles is a handbook for starting a revolution in social benefit organization design and practice, but it isn’t the revolution.

Expert Tips for #GivingTuesday Success

Connection Cafe

Ask them to be ready to share and challenge their friends and give them some sample social media posts they can use.

Tips 185

Share Your Story: Building Blocks of Social by Amy Sample Ward

tags: nonprofit nptech ). Earlier this week the Storytelling & Social Media series from NTEN and TechSoup Global launched with Amy Sample Ward , who is the community builder at Netsquared , as the first speaker. Social Media Building Blocks View more presentations or upload your own.

5 Questions: Building Stronger Online Communities Without Losing Your Sanity

NTEN

Note: As we prepare for the 2010 Nonprofit Technology Conference , we wanted share a wee bit of the wisdom our speakers will be serving up, so as not to overwhelm you when you get to Atlanta. Speaker: Amy Sample Ward, NetSquared. Session: Building Stronger Online Communities Without Losing Your Sanity & Bringing Community Organizing Into Online Campaigns. What's the most important trend in nonprofit technology for 2010?

26 Fundraising & Digital Marketing Research Reports for Nonprofits

Nonprofit Tech for Good

The research reports listed below are a small sampling of the research available to nonprofits, NGOs, and charities worldwide. For Nonprofits Worldwide: 1. Published by Funraise and Nonprofit Tech for Good. For Nonprofits in the United States: 6.

A Complete Guide to Strategic Web Design for Nonprofits

NetWits

What goes into creating and designing a successful nonprofit website that inspires action? One that every nonprofits should think about from time to time. Read more about the #1 Reason Why Nonprofit Websites Fail.

Design 258

44 Ways to Turn Nonprofit Supporters into Fundraising Superstars

Connection Cafe

Teach Supporters to Fundraise and Provide Samples. Provide samples of everything. Supply sample fundraising emails, Facebook posts, tweets, phone scripts, thank you notes, approved logos, etc. Create an online community for your fundraisers to interact and share their ideas.

10 Reasons to be at NTEN’s Nonprofit Technology Conference (#14NTC)

Connection Cafe

We’re one month out from NTEN’s annual Nonprofit Technology Conference (NTC) in Washington, DC. The official hashtag, #14NTC , is starting to buzz on Twitter, and I’m getting hyped about connecting with nonprofit leaders from around the globe! The Community.

Why is the Cloud Right for Your Nonprofit?

Connection Cafe

Nonprofits are striving to invest more in their core missions, decrease the cost of operations, and ultimately execute more successfully. In other words, the cloud can provide both cost savings and innovative, integrated solutions that enable your nonprofit to be the best it can be.

EveryAction's 8 Most Useful Nonprofit Resources of 2016

EveryAction

With just a couple of weeks left, take stock of the most useful content from our blog and nonprofit content library and get a jumpstart on making 2017 the best year for your organization yet! The 2016 - 2017 Best Nonprofit Conferences Calendar. The 100 Best Nonprofit Websites of 2016.

5 Techniques to Get Your Community Ready for #GivingTuesday

Tech Soup Blog

But does your community know your plan? You may think that because #GivingTuesday is a 24-hour challenge, you don't need to give your community advanced notice. Your nonprofit will be competing with thousands of others on December 2 to raise funds and awareness.

Podcast: How Nonprofits Can Use LinkedIn

Amy Sample Ward

Topic : Podcast: How Nonprofits Can Use LinkedIn. Description : In this month’s edition of Social Good, Allison Fine, the host, interviews Amy Sample Ward, community development manager at TechSoup Global, and Estrella Rosenberg, founder and executive director of Big Love Little Hearts in Chicago and author of the blog Adventures in Philanthropy. Sample Ward and Ms. Date : December 2nd, 2010. Location : Online.

How To Put Social Fundraising On Steroids: Community Giving Days

Social fundraising is when your nonprofit integrates tried and true fundraising techniques with social media to inspire your supporters to raise money from their networks on your behalf. These platforms allow nonprofits to seamlessly integrate social media into an online campaign.

How to Make Your Nonprofit Recession-Proof: Perfect Your Operating Reserves Policy

Blue Fox

Is your nonprofit ready? And if your funds are used for an unexpected occurrence, will you still have the ability to deliver services in your community? I think my operations coordinator found a sample on some website. But that’s all it is – a sample.

A Survey from the Communities of Impact: Data Practices in the Nonprofit Sector

NTEN

In February we introduced you to NTEN''s Communities of Impact (CoI), a pilot program whose 19 participants are spending this year looking at ways nonprofits measure, learn from, and share their data. One of the CoI cohorts recently launched a survey to better understand how nonprofits and NGOs around the world use data. Can you spare a few minutes to take this anonymous, community-led survey ? communities of impact Community community survey data Data

Social Media in 30 Minutes a Day

Amy Sample Ward

View more presentations from Amy Sample Ward. Community Map Template: [link]. SOCIALMEDIA NONPROFIT tweet Book01. Networked Nonprofit. DIY Community Engagement Metrics. Crowdsourcing vs Community Sourcing. Sustainable Community Building.

The HEROES Act – How This Proposed Legislation Could Provide Relief to Social Good Organizations

Connection Cafe

The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) provides small businesses and nonprofit organizations with up to $10M or 2.5X (250%) of their average monthly payroll, whichever is less, to cover eight weeks of payroll expenses and for making payments toward debt obligations. On May 15, the U.S.

A Strategic Guide to Social Media for Nonprofits

SocialFish

GET THEIR COOL STRATEGIC GUIDE TO SOCIAL MEDIA FOR NONPROFITS here. ———– Nonprofit organizations have become increasingly social over the past decade, whether they are cultivating a dedicated Facebook following or blazing a trail on new networks such as Snapchat.

Guide 139

5 Reasons This Will Be The Best #BBCON Ever

Connection Cafe

With speakers such as Sean Sheridan, Marc Pitman, Vanessa Chase, Amy Sample Ward, Jennie Larson, and Rachel Muir, how could they not be? The Future of Nonprofit Technology: Amy Sample Ward, Robert Machen, Tom Matthews. 4 days…96 hours…5,760 minutes.

Austin 276