article thumbnail

Community Building begins with Community Organizing

Amy Sample Ward

We focused on principles for community building and community organizing, as well as examples of both short-term and long-term engagement. Principles of Community Organizing. First, identify what your community wants to do – what it is coming together around, whether it’s an event, an action, or a movement. Transparency.

Community 253
article thumbnail

4 Easy Ways to Acquire New Donors for Your Nonprofit with Peer-to-Peer Fundraising

Nonprofit Tech for Good

That’s why it’s key to market your peer-to-peer fundraisers in your community. Be sure to talk about your event on social media and ask your peer-to-peer participants and supporters to share your event promotion posts on their social networks too. This way, your posts are seen by people beyond your immediate community.

Donor 336
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Understanding the Psychology of Why Donors Give to Nonprofits

Nonprofit Tech for Good

When time and resources are scarce, it’s easier to send out the same fundraising message to everyone in your community. Sample identities could be “community leader” or “survivor” or “change maker.”. Network for Good is part of Bonterra – a software platform disrupt the social good industry. About the Sponsor.

Donor 287
article thumbnail

Mastering Social Networking as a Volunteer

Amy Sample Ward

Yesterday was the 2012 New York Cares Leadership Conference , and I had the distinct pleasure of presenting a session to volunteer leaders and inspiring community members. On Twitter , look up hashtags that your community uses and follow them to track conversations. Mastering social networking as a volunteer. Creating Buzz.

article thumbnail

7 Tips for Securing Sponsors for Your Fundraising Event

The Fundraising Authority

Local businesses often look for opportunities to give-back to their community. Below we’ve created seven tips for soliciting sponsorships for your fundraiser: Utilize your network: Talk to employees, partners, members on your board, etc. to find out what connections they have in the local community.

Sponsor 161
article thumbnail

Crowdsourcing vs Community-sourcing: What’s the difference and the opportunity?

Amy Sample Ward

The first time I focused on DIY Community Engagement Metrics and shared lots of templates and examples. This time around, my topic was Crowdsourcing vs Community-Sourcing, answering questions about the difference is and what the opportunities are for organizations looking to get connected outside their organization. Definitions.

article thumbnail

Community Engagement and Social Media for Public Media

Amy Sample Ward

I recently had the opportunity to present a webinar for the National Center for Media Engagement , focused on community-driven engagement, and present a session at the Public Media Development and Marketing Conference , talking about building a social media strategy. Defining Community. Engaging Community.