article thumbnail

Online Community Organizing: Start small, think big!

Amy Sample Ward

NetSquared’s February series exploring “Online Community Organizing” includes three different interviews; I’m really excited to participate! I’ve included my interview below, but you can also read it and join the conversation on the NetSquared blog. Q: What makes a community?

Community 179
article thumbnail

June #4Change Chat: Local Community Organizing

Amy Sample Ward

I love community organizing. I’ve had experience organizing communities offline in local communities, and organizing community online – but the kind of organizing that inspires me the most is combining online and offline. What roles are important in online community organizing?

Local 145
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Learn from the Pros at a NetSquared Community Event

Tech Soup

Your local NetSquared group is here to help with free, in-person events being held across the U.S. Vancouver, Canada's NetSquared group is also focusing on fundraising this month with "How to Optimize Your Online Donations. TechSoup's NetSquared groups are also focusing on online privacy and security events this October.

article thumbnail

Growing the NetSquared Community

Tech Soup

But supporting a rapidly expanding global network of volunteers is difficult, so we've enlisted seven of our most engaged organizers to act as Regional Ambassadors. We've been testing the Ambassador model for the last two years, and it has been been instrumental in the growth of NetSquared. Upcoming Events.

article thumbnail

Bringing Community Organizing into Online Campaigns – Dashboard

Amy Sample Ward

Here’s the dashboard from The Extraordinaries of our 2010 Nonprofit Technology Conference session today: Bringing Community Organizing Into Online Campaigns – [International Ballroom C] (#co2oc). Who: Speakers: Amy Sample Ward | Netsquared; Debra Askanase; Ivan Boothe. When: 1:30 p.m.

Campaign 140
article thumbnail

NetSquared Community Events: Get Safer Online

Tech Soup

Huddle up with your nonprofit technology colleagues at a NetSquared meetup to keep warm and learn about the latest trends in nonprofit technology. TechSoup’s NetSquared groups are helping to keep the scary away with a series of online privacy and security events this October. Or apply today to start your own NetSquared group.

article thumbnail

NetSquared's November Community Events for Nonprofit Techies

Tech Soup

Every month TechSoup's NetSquared community organizers volunteer to bring free (or low cost) nonprofit technology events and workshops to more than 50 cities. If you want to network with your peers or love to learn at live, in-person events, then NetSquared is the place for you! Upcoming Events. Busia, Kenya.