article thumbnail

Constituent Empowerment, as old as Lady Liberty

Connection Cafe

Of course we saw Central Park and the Zoo therein, to see if the animals from Madagascar were hanging out, and we saw FAO Schwartz and Times Square and the Empire State Building. What could you offer to your constituents that empowered them to be a part of a movement and achieve a little notoriety in their community or network?

article thumbnail

4 Fabulous Nonprofit Marketing Mavens

Have Fun - Do Good

I'm doing a new consulting gig for Social Actions as their, "Community Interpreter." I always think that more heads are better than one, so I asked 4 nonprofit marketing mavens and bloggers if they would take a look at socialactions.com, and share their tips for how Social Actions can communicate and market their mission more effectively.

article thumbnail

Guest Post: World Maker Faire and the New York Hall of Science: Radical Trust

Museum 2.0

Maker Faire is a massive public event, hosted by Make Magazine annually in San Mateo, that brings together hackers, crafters, and do-it-yourself scientists for a weekend of demonstrations and explosions. One of the attractions for this collaboration was NYSCI’s diverse audience, many of whom were not part of the current Maker Faire community.