article thumbnail

How Nonprofits Can Leverage Organic Social Media to Increase Fundraising

Nonprofit Tech for Good

In this environment, building a community of loyal advocates for your cause is more important than ever before. While paid ads and steeply-priced lead lists may deliver short-term results, long-term donor relationships are built on trust and community. Here’s how you can do it: Prioritize community-building over sales pitches.

article thumbnail

June #4Change Chat: Local Community Organizing

Amy Sample Ward

I love community organizing. I’ve had experience organizing communities offline in local communities, and organizing community online – but the kind of organizing that inspires me the most is combining online and offline. What are the online community organizing best practices from your experience?

Local 145
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Going Beyond the Dollar: The Community Leadership Role of Foundations

sgEngage

Foundations play a crucial role in supporting nonprofit organizations and driving positive change within communities. By embracing a community leadership role, foundations can amplify their impact and empower grantees to achieve long-term, sustainable success.

Roles 73
article thumbnail

Connecting with Black History Through Community and Nature

Saleforce Nonprofit

That blog grew into Outdoor Afro , a nationwide leadership network helping Black people engage with the outdoors, learn about the Black history of public spaces, and support conservation efforts. What inspired you to start Outdoor Afro and grow it from a blog into a leadership network? I knew that local relevance mattered.

History 116
article thumbnail

How to Use Local Business Partnerships to Grow Your Donor Base Affordably

Network for Good

How to Use Local Business Partnerships to Grow Your Donor Base. There are several ways you can tap individual gifts, but one of the most effective ways is using local business partnerships. Local businesses can act as a funnel for new donors, and your organization has a lot to offer these businesses in return.

Local 96
article thumbnail

September is National Suicide Prevention Month

VisionLink

Visionlink supports 988 by helping its network of local crisis centers stay connected. All month, mental health advocates, prevention organizations, survivors, allies, and community members unite to promote suicide prevention awareness. September is National Suicide Prevention Month. We can all help prevent suicide.

National 130
article thumbnail

The Countdown is On: Celebrating National 211 Day!

VisionLink

211 is the most comprehensive source of information about local resources and services in the country. It's powered by people: thousands of caring, local experts are available to help, 24/7. We are humanitarians driven to build better connections for thriving communities like yours. Celebrate National 211 Day 2023 with us!

Celebrate 130