article thumbnail

What I’ve learned from working with mission-based organizations

Deborah Elizabeth Finn

In a mission-based organization, many problems that initially appear to be about information and communication technology are really about organizational culture, knowledge management, or a combination of organizational culture and knowledge management.

article thumbnail

Announcing the 4th Edition of the Nonprofit Trends Report

Saleforce Nonprofit

Our goal at Salesforce.org in delivering our own nonprofit trends report each year is to better understand: the role nonprofits have in serving their communities, what’s shifting within the nonprofit space, mental health and wellbeing, and how technology supports an organization’s ability to fund and run their missions across departments.

Trend 111
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Building a Tech-Driven Legal Aid Network for the 21st Century

Saleforce Nonprofit

However, access to justice for people with low and moderate incomes has been a long-standing issue facing vulnerable communities. In 2013, CARPLS moved its case- and knowledge-management system to a customized version on Salesforce. CARPLS Legal Aid is the largest provider of free legal services in Chicago.

Illinois 111
article thumbnail

How the Nonprofit Sector Can Share What We Learn and Why We Should

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Note from Beth: I’ve been a big believer in shared knowledge and learning for the sector. IssueLab has been working for ten years to apply the age-old knowledge management question, “what if I knew what others know?” based private and community foundations made more than $210 million in grants for evaluation or research.

Share 70
article thumbnail

NTEN Community Update: CoP Transition

NTEN

We're only two months away from our official transition to Communities of Practice – you can read more about the transition to CoPs here – and are really excited about the progress we've seen. They are free for everyone, regardless of NTEN member status, and a great way to learn from other members of the community.

NTEN 47
article thumbnail

Book Review and Giveaway: The Eight Principles of Sustainable Fundraising

Amy Sample Ward

Treat your colleagues like the most important community segment. When the external community sees your staff using a community platform, a knowledge management resource, or another shared online space it says to them that the organization actually cares and is invested in both collaboration and the resource itself.

Review 198
article thumbnail

Bullet Journaling for Nonprofit Professionals

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Within a few years, it grew to be a community of people who use it as a tool for planning, organizing, and adjusting the methodology to their life habits and routines. Planning and managing in different time “resolutions” : future log, monthly log, daily log. For me, BuJo makes time management and planning more enjoyable.

Journal 104