article thumbnail

E-Mediat Networking Conference at the Dead Sea, Jordan

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

I’m here at the Dead Sea in Jordan where I delivered the key note for the E-mediat Networking Conference, “New Media for the Networked NGO.” 83% of participants are applying their social media skills to engage local and global communities. I told the NGOs were “fabulous.”

Jordan 113
article thumbnail

Five Social Media Best Practices for Small NGOs in Developing Countries

Nonprofit Tech for Good

As a follow-up to Five Online Fundraising Best Practices for Small NGOs in Developing Countries , below are five social media best practices specifically tailored for small NGOs in developing countries. 1) Tell your NGOs’ story in photo essay format. 1) Tell your NGOs’ story in photo essay format.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

E-Mediat: Day 2 – The Networked NGO in the Arab World

We spent Day 2 of the E-Mediat Train the Trainer sessions on “ Translating The Networked NGO in the Arab World.&# To localize Networked Nonprofit concepts to an Arab NGO context, as appropriate, for improved project outcomes. The specific learning objectives: To understand the principles of “being” a Networked Nonprofit.

NGO 105
article thumbnail

Youth Programs Benefit from Microsoft Donations

Tech Soup

I hope you can take a moment to tell us how donations you've gotten through TechSoup have helped you serve your community. How One NGO Serves 70,000 Children. It first works with local community people to see what its children need and then tailors programs that are specific to that locale. It has just 20 UK-based staff.

article thumbnail

Some Reflections About Civil Society 2.0 and Why I’m Not On A Plane To Tunisia Right Now

Many of you know that I have had the honor of working with IIE on some amazing Networked NGO and social media skills capacity building and train the trainer projects in the Middle East over the last 2-3 years. Department of State, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, Office of the Middle Eastern Partnership Initiative (MEPI) and managed by IIE.

Tunisia 104
article thumbnail

E-Mediat: Networked Capacity Building in the Middle East

Last week, I participated in three very intense days of project, curriculum, and online community planning for a new project, E-Mediat , a multi-stakeholder capacity building project for NGOS and Social Media in the Middle East. Build the capacity of these NGOs and CSOs to use new media effectively through mentoring and coaching.

Network 95
article thumbnail

E-Mediat Day 1: A Networked Mindset To Capacity Building

The group has an impressive breadth and depth of expertise, including NGO capacity building, social media expertise and training design and delivery. Day 1 included a detailed project orientation as well as a design discussion about the online learning community site lead by Andrea Burton from Meedan, a partner in the project.

Network 99