article thumbnail

Giving Trends in Kenya: How the Growth of Mobile Payments Are Transforming Community Giving

Nonprofit Tech for Good

According to the International Center for Not-for-Profit Law , there are 6,500+ NGOs registered with the NGOs Coordination Board in Kenya. Traditionally, NGOs in Kenya have depended on outside support from grant makers and wealthy individuals. Finally, M-Changa seeks to build trust from both local and international donors.

Kenya 195
article thumbnail

Nonprofit Technology Celebrates International Women's Day

Tech Soup

I'm not a woman, but I am a wholehearted celebrant of International Women's Day. More About International Women's Day. International Women's Day came about in its current form in 1975. International NGO Leadership. Janet Mawlyoo , executive director, Kenya Community Development Foundation.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Collaborating for New Solutions To Persistent Societal Challenges

Saleforce Nonprofit

The drivers of hunger include conflict, climate collapse, and chronic structural inequality that systematically excludes vulnerable communities from decision-making and benefits some to the detriment of most. They include the international NGOs Action Against Hunger , CARE , Catholic Relief Services , and World Vision.

article thumbnail

TechSoup Japan and Kenya Launch!

Tech Soup

June marked the launch of two new international TechSoup partners: Japan and Kenya , bringing the total count of TechSoup Global Network partners to 24 (not including the original U.S. TechSoup's Partner NGO in Japan is the Tokyo-based Japan NPO Center , which hosted a successful launch event at the Tokyo International Forum.

Kenya 43
article thumbnail

Learn from the Pros at a NetSquared Community Event

Tech Soup

If you're holding monthly events gathering the #nptech community, let me know , and I’ll include you in the next community calendar, or apply today to start your own NetSquared group. The targets need to be linked like so: --> Jump to events in North America or go international with events in: Africa. Stay tuned!

article thumbnail

NetSquared's November Community Events for Nonprofit Techies

Tech Soup

Every month TechSoup's NetSquared community organizers volunteer to bring free (or low cost) nonprofit technology events and workshops to more than 50 cities. But we also believe that there's value in getting the nonprofit tech community together for a good old-fashioned party (we've got hard jobs!). Busia, Kenya.

article thumbnail

NetSquared's November Community Events for Nonprofit Techies

Tech Soup

Every month TechSoup's NetSquared community organizers volunteer to bring free (or low cost) nonprofit technology events and workshops to more than 50 cities. But we also believe that there's value in getting the nonprofit tech community together for a good old-fashioned party (we've got hard jobs!). Busia, Kenya.